Rainsoft / product performance

1 Brandon, FL, United States Review updated:

I have a RainSoft conditioning system. I love it!! I has helped my daughters sensitive skin. The computer is pretty cool, because it beeps to remind me to add salt when it get low. My husband likes it because it doesn't use a lot of salt, so he only has to fill about twice a year. Home Depot's backing is great peace of mind. All in all, great product. Worth it!!

An

Comments

• Br
      7th of Jul, 2008

You must work for Rainsoft. This is a complaint department and your writing about how much you love it, please. I have one that hasn't wroked since the second day I got it. I now have to pay $7, 000 for this peice of crap. If you like yours so much I'll sell you mine for half price you can give it to your mother and see if she loves it too.

• Je
      26th of Nov, 2008

SO I do work here at rain soft in Missouri, and I believe that a lot of people are mistaken about Rainsoft ripping them off. I don't know if you guys just have sucky customer service where you live. But I work in the customer service department and we treat our customers very well. MOst of them love us, and if they dont it is because they just dont want to spend the money to maintain it. Of course anytime you spend thousands of dollars on a system you are going to have spend money to maintain it. Have you ever bought a car? Do you not have to go and buy gas for it all the time, or get the oil changed or other things done to it yearly? Of course you do. Everybody just needs to not spend the thousand sof dollars biuying the thing if you dont want to maintain anything. If you buy the Reverse Osmosis drinking system under the sink then you should expect to have to change out the filters once a year, any other drinking system you have to change them out every 3-4 months. Or if you buy the softener itself then get a yearrly tune up and inspection done to avoid the leaks and everything. Honestly I'm in college so I would never spend thousands of dollars on something I can't afford; so if you can't afford it then dont buy it, but if you did then you set yourself up so stop complaining. I have never read a ccomplaint about a salesman grabbing anyones hand and making them sign anything. You did it. SO STOP WHININIG...it is annoying.

• Ex
      23rd of Feb, 2009

Hummmm...the last post was written by the owner of a Rainsoft dealership in Missouri. I've heard it a million times. posted to counter all the negative comments from customers that LOVE their systems. Not!

5th of Jan, 2010

I'm not sure why people are basically saying "No-one is happy with this product, so for you to post about your happiness with it, you must be an employee here to counter complaints...blah, blah, blah." And everyone says "I looked them up on the internet and all I found were complaints!" Come on! How many people actually take the time to post POSITIVE feedback about ANY product? Very few! The truth is that most people don't think twice about when something does what they paid for it to do, so not so many post a positive review, yet when they do, OMG, they must be here to sell a farce to everyone and make them change their mind.

People ARE allowed to like a product, and they ARE allowed to post positive feedback, even when they don't work for the company! People shouldn't be chastised for posting positive feedback either...WE NEED MORE OF IT, because if all you ever found were negative feedbacks for any product, then what product IS good? Where do you go for positive feedbacks, where people don't attack people for posting it? Just because you're jaded about a product doesn't mean you should attack those who aren't.

I'm not 100% happy with how they sell the product, but the sales people ARE generally very nice, just kind sneaky, but the proof is in the results. YES, they are trying to make a living, and YES, they do work for a corporation that expects them to make the sale...sales is sales, and very few companies know how to not be pushy about it, so you have to give them props for finding a way to get people to make the decision to purchase the product, if nothing else.

At any rate, the product works, and is FAR superior to others. The quality of the water post the system is amazing. We had a 7-year old Kenmore system that just suddenly stopped doing its job...it still regenerated as it should, and it actually used the salt--no more, no less than it ever had, so we were at a loss and didn't feel like spending money to repair an old unit, so replacement was practical for us, and the RainSoft system was ideal.

So, if you're complaining for sake of complaining, or because someone else says it's terrible, then you need to 1.) get a life and stop slandering a company you don't have a relationship with, and/or 2.) develop YOUR OWN impression of the company and product by getting a demonstration. Ask for the free water test, which WILL come with a sales pitch, but you're all strong-willed enough to say "NO" if you don't want the system, right? At any rate, you WILL see that the system is amazing, IF you pay attention. Yes, they do sneak in their bottom lines, and their fine prints, honestly I dare you to name a company that doesn't, but in the end the product has to impress you, not the sales pitch, and not the company's name.

In short, we KNEW this system was priced higher than we really wanted to pay, and we knew that we were going to get a water test, which we wanted anyway, and that we were going to get a gift card, which we also didn't mind, but we had it in our mind that we were going to say "No, we dont' want this product." In the end, we liked the product, the process to get the product not so much, but the sales guy was super nice about everything...PLUS, because our water heater had leaked when drained before, and mysteriously stopped after a while, before we could someone out to give us final estimates on replacement, they replaced our water heater AT NO ADDITIONAL COST! A replacement water-heater alone was going to cost us over $1000, so that's well worth it in my mind.

BTW...NO I DON"T WORK FOR RAINSOFT!! The ONLY affiliation I have with RainSoft is that I am a product owner. I happen to work for Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance, which is not a water conditioning company...

• Nc
      12th of Jan, 2010

Thanks for all of the comments it has really helped me make a decision. The salesman we had was nice he did try to pressure us but it did not work. Still looking for a good system at a lower price any suggestions?