Radisson / Deficiency of service

1 India Review updated:

A copy of email to Radisson Hotel India:

I am a practicing Advocate at Calcutta High Court.

On February 23, 2007, I along with my family and friend Mr. Vijay Soni went for a two day stay at The Fort Holiday Klub, Raichak a resort affiliated to RCI. The booking was made by my friend as he is a member of Resort Condominiums International, RCI.

On February 24, 2007 at around 1 p.m. we all went to Reflection, the multi-cuisine café of the The Ffort Radisson resort. One Mr. Bapi Biswas took our order and after waiting for more than 35 minutes when we inquired from Mr. Bapi Biswas he became annoyed and asked us to wait. After 45 minutes the order was served. In the meantime we further placed an order of Black Forest Pastry but the same was not served even after we all finished our ordered menu. Thereafter, all of a sudden my child started crying for milk and when I requested Mr. Bapi Biswas for the order he further got annoyed and again asked me to wait. Having no other option I asked him to either cancel the order or send the same to my room. Mr. Bapi Biswas refused to entertain such request and further insulted and vilified me, which was not expected from a waiter of a resort of your repute and esteem. Mr. Bapi Biswas told us that we will have to wait or otherwise we can pay the bill and leave the café. Mr. Bapi Biswas insulted and/or argued with me in presence of my family members and other customers of the café which by innuendo meant and were understood to mean that I was misrepresenting the facts.

There exists no standard to ascertain the damage caused by such act of the waiter and no monetary compensation could provide adequate relief.

It is a settled law that the Principal is liable for the acts and omissions of its agent (in this case act of Mr. Bapi Biswas).

In the premises, I, do hereby finally call upon you to immediately respond my letter in this regard, treating the same as demand of justice, with letter of regrets in person as the act of Mr. Bapi Biswas tantamount to deficiency of service, failing which I shall be constrained to take necessary steps against you and also take such other steps in accordance with law without any further reference to you, which please note.
This is without prejudice to my rights and contentions.

I hope you will introspect your steps and improve your service levels more than anything else.

Yours,
Ajay Agarwal
Advocate.
+91 [protected]
ajayagarwal@consultant.com

Comments

• Ac
      26th of Aug, 2009
    Radisson - Terrible place
    Radisson
    radisson.com

I booked a room for one night. Having heard horror stories about New Orleans I decided to go with a well known hotel chain. I arrived at the airport and called the complimentary shuttle service and was told it would be 15 minutes. I waited and waited 3 calls and 1 hour later the complimentary shuttle finally arrived. I booked a non-smoking double room. Upon my arrival I had to take a smoking room since no non-smoking were available.I went out to dinner and upon my return we began to use the room, to our disgust and amazement there was dry blood all over the sheer curtains, fingerprints of dry blood on the back of the door, splats of blood on the head board and hanging pictures. I immediately called the front desk to ask for my original non-smoking room which after 3 hours was finally available.I explained the situation and went down to retrieve my new room key. At the front desk I was told that housekeeping would go to see the room.The manager on duty followed me to my room to see the blood and upon arrival made a comment that it was ketchup. Ketchup or blood, it was still disgusting to put guests up in such a dirty room. We retrieved our things and upon moving rooms we asked the manager if he could make an adjustment on the rate we were paying for the room after having put us out the way they did. His response we are moving you to a better room. The room also lacked appropriate lighting, I couldn't read, and several of the light fixtures did not work. I guess that's why the cleaning crew missed all the blood.The new room was much cleaner and lucky for us it did not have blood stains all over the room and it was a non-smoking room especially since I and others in my party are allergic to smoke. This is not my only complaint. The hotel itself was ugly, old and grimy looking, Grey dirty paint, old rugs, smelly hallways, old decor, and overall run down looking except the lobby area which was a little better. I will never stay at another Radisson.

28th of Jul, 2013

I booked the raddison blu in Liverpool on the 16th July for my Birthday and my daughters graduation, On arrival the receptionist was pleasant and allowed us to check in early as we had travelled for 6 hours. However the air con was not working in our room we waited several hours for some one to fix it. Once he had left there was no difference: so we asked for a fan and said they would get us one. It never arrived. we had to leave the door open alnight and was not able to sleep. I spoke to the manager Chris the following morning and explained that we had not slept had a long day ahead of us for our daughter's graduation. He offered us the room till 6pm. I informed him that the graduation didn't finish till 6pm so he said just have the room. On return from the graduation the receptionist told us we had to leave at 10pm, I was so angry that we left straight away. Also I pre booked a massage but because i didn't specify what one i wanted they just said we havn't booked the lady. They made no apology even though my daughter informed them it was my birthday. Plus the jacuzzi didn't work. Please bear in mind we had a 6 hour drive home with no sleep. I feel that some compastion should be considered