I was waiting for three years to get DSL in my outland area, it finally became available late last year. I requested their ISP DSL service.
However, I found out that after years of having no long distance service (did not want it or need it because I have cell phones) the automatically put me into their long distance service. My proof was to have them see if any long distance calls have been made and naturally none were; therefore I stated I want it off and I'm not paying for any of this mistake from day one. My next concern was my email, why wasn't I getting any service? Here is my horror story for those who are contemplating broadband access through QWest.
My modem arrived by mail, I had to install it myself --- the software kept failing --- the Ethernet connection wasn't working --- the instructions stated the letter in my package provided my UserId/Password (NOT). Qwest had to come back twice in the same day to set up the phone lines for DSL communication --- they never told the serviceman what he needed to do and the work order he had was all screwed up. How or why I have a MSN/Hotmail account and two completely different UserID's and Passwords is beyond me --- it took nearly a month to get my mail, then all I could do was receive -- a few week later, after talking to some ###s in India for about the tenth time, I gave up and started looking at the situation myself --- I discovered that re-enabling my Windows firewall allowed me to finally send email --- no thanks to QWorst. Try importing your old delimited address files or a straight copy and see how much fun you have --- I lost my connection over a week ago --- tried both automatic and manual installation --- nothing worked --- by the way if you expect to use your automatic CD installation again, go to the CD under "SupportFiles" and run RemoveQC.exe --- otherwise you will be using the manual installation forever --- also you better hope you know who the hell you're provider is and all the special little things QWorst forgot to tell you or you will be going back and starting over and over.
Finally, after 6 days a serviceman showed up and troubleshot the connections and system --- he discovered, after swapping out the DSL modem, that everything started working again --- note however if you do get a new modem, don't forget you have to reconfigure it with you're QWorst UserId/Password --- its also a good idea to do a "ipconfig /release" from the "DOS" (Command prompt), then do an "ipconfig /renew" --- this should reset you're DHCP address --- then all will hopefully be well. Oh, try and get an email complaint to these people --- it's so much fun conversing back and forth with nitwits --- I hope for Qwest's sake they drop the overseas customer support or they're will soon come a time when support won't be necessary --- people have only so much patience. We are all going the Cell-Phone route and the Ma-Bell days are fading fast. Just so you don't think I'm just an isolated, unsatisfied, and frustrated customer, I tell you I have 27 years experience in computers, mainframes, mini-mainframes --- Web, Enterprise, antivirus, and other servers --- database and systems administration and I have a degree in computer science and networking. Qwest made the wrong decision tree and the branches are breaking everywhere!