Qwest Communications / Residential DSL and Phone Service / dsl reliability / customer service

1 Dubuque, IA, United States

My wife and I are both full time remote workers. As such we use our internet (Qwest DSL) and phones constantly. Me moved into our home at the beginning of August 2010 and have had service issues ever since (today's posting on 10/8/10). DSL drops multiple times a day. Our main phone line often has static (seems to be the worst right before we lose DSL). Our house was built in 1979 and are told our inside wiring to the pedestal is good. Although, for the first 2 weeks of trying to get our issue escalated Qwest tried convincing us our issue was our cordless phones. To appease their finger pointing we purchased a corded phone. Same issue. We have now had 3 technicians to our house. We've been informed by the technicians that just about everything that could be fixed has been fixed. The last technician dispatched (who was supposedly a 'chronic issues' tech) left us two days ago saying "I don't know what else to do". And he seemed very understanding that we are forced switch providers. I'm frankly astounded. I'm not ignorant to the fact that at the end of the day we are just a tiny residential account and our contribution to Qwest's bottom line is insignificant. I just wish Executive Management would at some point realize that Qwest's biggest issue for years has been their reputation. A reputation permanently damaged by an overall lack of world class customer service and internal processes that are inefficient and burdensome for both Qwest employees and customers alike. Switching to cable in the very near future. Jim N - Dubuque, IA - 22 years in the IT and Telecom Industry.