Quicken Loans / rude

TX, United States Review updated:

Extremely rude.

I was working on a refi w/ a local broker, and decided to contact Quicken Loans to compare. I filled out the online form. Within 12 hours they called me 4 times and sent several emails. When I called them back and explained I'm close to doing a deal w/ a broker and want to see what they can offer, the representative said "I don't want to waste my time or your time." (yes, his time was first) He asked for all the details on the deal I had on the table. It told him I would give him the loan amount and the term, but he would have to give me a rate and approximate closing costs. He refused, saying it was a waste. I asked him why was it a waste of his time. He then just hung up. I called him back, he picked up and immediately hung up again.

I'm sure they will call back and I will ask to be removed from their call list.

Tr
Feb 21, 2013

Comments

• Li
      Mar 01, 2013

We have been working with Quicken Loans trying to do a home refi. for nearly 3 months, a very slow process, constantly having to resubmit information, like work history, current employment, banking information, pay stubs, W-2's, every document having to be submitted 2 or 3 times. I paid $400.00 to get this started, paid for the appraisal $150.00, paid for pest inspection $80.00, paid for water inspection. During this 3 months it has been repeated to them that my husband is an OTR truck driver (they have copies of his pay stubs & his length of employment. So just when you think they can't ask for more infomation and everything seems to be in order, I get a phone call telling me that because my husband hasn't been at his current job for 2 years and because they consider his pay as being commission they won't be able to approve the loan. I then ask why they didn't tell me this from the start, I'm told that they were under the impression he was paid hourly, I said that was a pretty feeble excuse & there are thousands of truck drivers on the road are you trying to say that none of them have tried to finance a home loan with Quicken? I asked why after all the papers had been sent/faxed to them numerous times it takes 3 months to come to the conclusion they can't approve a loan. I did ask him if the fact that we've lived in this house for over 10 years have always made the payments (they have a letter from the bank proving that), that I have worked at my job for 9 years He told me I should try another loan company they might have different policies. So now I'm out the $400.00 +$250.00 for all the inspections, not to mention the frustration. I feel like they are all friendly and positive when you start the process, then you get a long drawn out run around only to be turned down. Very disappointed won't recommend them to anyone.

• Li
      Mar 01, 2013

Sorry left an unfinished sentence: that I have worked at my job for 9 years doesn't carry any weight? No response to that.

• Th
      Mar 02, 2013

Contact Churchill Mortgage they have a heart of a teacher and are recommended by Dave Ramsey.