Quail Springs Goodyear / incompetent repair
I bought a used car with low miles from a neighbor, who had purchased the car new. The car had every service performed at Quail Springs Goodyear since new, with documentation to prove it. A few days after buying the car, I decided to do an oil change. I do my own service and have been changing oil on my own cars for over 30 years. When I went to pull the old oil filter off, I discovered it had been cross threaded onto the mounting bolt. The filter had to be wrenched off the entire way. Examining the threads, it was apparent that the technician at Quail Springs Goodyear had crossthreaded the oil filter, messing up the threads on the mounting bolt. I cannot imagine how incompetent this technician was, oil filters are always put on with your hands, never a wrench. The new filter had to be wrenched on also due to the messed up threads.
I went to Quail Springs Goodyear with the old filter and confronted the owner. He admited they had done all of the oil changes but denied any wrongdoing or responsibility for the incompetent work of his technicians. He was arrogant and unfriendly, and explained it was my problem, not his.
I had been a long time customer of this shop, having purchased several sets of tires. No longer. I believe I have an obligation to warn other car owners in this area about the incompetent work performed at Quail Springs Goodyear.
More Quail Springs Goodyear Complaints & Reviews
- Goodyear Assurance Comfortred Tire - Road noise 
- Goodyear Tracker 2 Tires - Defective Tire Produce 
- Goodyear Tripletread - Drivability problems 
- Goodyear Assurance Comfort Tread - Terrible tread wear 
- Goodyear - Goodyear credit card 
- The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company - tires
- The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company - wrangler 265-60-18 tire
- Good Year Tire - tire
- The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company - not really a complaint but a question
- The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company - tires price match policy