[Resolved] Purolator / delivery

To whom it may concern:

I don't even know where to start about the nightmare I have had with our Purolator delivery driver and customer service. My husband ordered a computer from Dell on December 25, 2016 worth over $1200CAD. We patiently awaited the delivery, and received a phone call on January 4, 2017 from Purolator stating that our package would be arriving the next day and to please have somebody home to receive the package between the hours of 8am and 6pm. I stayed home from all of my appointments that day waiting for a package that never showed up. That evening we phoned customer service and inquired as to what happened. We were told that the time in transit should only have been four days but that the driver had been delayed and was unable to complete his deliveries that day. We were told it would be delivered the next day, January 6. I stayed home again all day on Jan 6 to wait for this expensive package which, once again, didnt show up. I called customer service again, and was apologized to and told that due to weather in my town the driver missed the delivery. I might add that it was completely sunnny, with no wind or snowfall that day in my town. Customer service then told me that they would change the location so that it would be delivered to a location near me where I could sign for it so that I wouldn't have to stay home for another day and miss out on work and appointments. Satisfied with this, I agreed. I was told the next delivery date would be Jan 9 and told to keep an eye on purolator's tracking website. On January 9th I went onto the website and noticed the address for delivery had not changed like requested. Frustrated, I called customer service, yet again. I was told that the reason it hadn't changed was because they were unable to locate my package to change the address due to the delivery driver leaving the package on the truck ALL weekend. Might I remind anyone reading this that computers do not handle freezing temperatures well. If that computer was left in his truck all weekend there will be damage to it with the below freezing temperatures we had. I was then told by a woman named Donna that she would send a message out to the driver telling him to deliver it to the facility close by where we could pick it up later. To say the least, we were about to leave the house when we saw the purolator driver drive right past our house. When we looked at the tracking webpage, the status said "resolution required" cotact us. I immediately phoned purolator again and was told that it was fine and the package was heading to the close facility, 302 Broadway in Orangeville and would be there today. More than five hours later, the package has stilled not been dropped off and the facility clises in an hour. I am extremely disappointed with Purolator and will not recommend anyone in my area to use this service again. I am not sure why it is so difficult for the sort facility and the driver to communicate effectively to each other and why in a town as small as mine (fifteen minutes to drive across town maximum) one package takes so many days to be delivered. Please fix your customer service and delivery driver for Orangeville Ontario ASAP before you lose more customers. My tracking number is YAW004193129 if you need reference at all, and you will see that as unbelievable this nightmare of mine is, it all happened just as I have stated. Please get your act together before you lose more customers in my area.

• Resolution statement

• Purolator Customer Care's Response, Jan 11, 2017

Hi Mickey,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. I would like to take the opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

The scanning by the local depot indicates that due to an accumulation of volume caused by recent weather issues, the local courier had been unable to complete all the deliveries on his route. I have filed a service concern on your behalf with the local management team, in order for them to review the situation going forward.

Unfortunately, the request sent on Friday to have the package sent to the agent for Monday, rather than delivered, was processed after the trucks had been unloaded for the day, so the shipment was inaccessible. As can be seen in the scans, the package was sorted in the terminal at 7:18 p.m., so the shipment had not been left in the courier’s truck for the weekend as you were advised. The message to have the shipment sent to the agent on Monday was successful, and the package was sent there at the end of the day, when the driver arrived at that location.

If you have any questions or need help with a shipment, please don’t hesitate to email us at customer.[protected]@purolator.com.

Jeremie