Pure Medical Spa / shotty procedure

1 Toronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

i don't even know if anyone is still reading these posts because as i can see, many of these complaints have been posted a year or more ago. anyways, i almost cried reading these posts because until today, this is the first time i am seeing such a long list of people that have been dealing with the problems that i have been dealing with for the past 2 years. one of the posts that i just read was about mesotherapy and the outcome that this individual had, was the exact same result as i had. after receiving my first treatment of mesotherapy on my thighs 2 years ago, i too had lumps under my skin, following the endless months of terrible bruising and swelling and i too still have bruise-like patches left behind that i can't get rid of (2 years later). i have paid close to 10, 000 of my own money that of course i cannot afford to try to get rid of the left over product and lumps that the meso procedure left behind under my skin. it was suggested to me to begin doing vela-shape because the heat from the laser would help break down the lumps. true, it has helped, not fully though, and i should hope that it would have finally helped for 10, 000 dollars. needless to say, i have talked to at least 15 different people from doctors and nurses to management at pure med spa (because of the huge turn around of staff) and i have gone to see a dermotologist as well as visiting one of dr. mulhuland's facilities here in toronto (who is the creator of the meso-therapy concoction used on my thighs) which ironically enough was discontinued about a week after it was given to me. if that doesn't say something about the credibility of a product when it is discontinued after a week after being treated with it, then i don't even know what to say about it. anyways, i have had a very long journey, trying to find someone who will help or listen to me and help me resolve this problem once and for all. what i have written doesn't even begin to outline the journey i have had, the countless crying episodes i have endoured nor the countless phone calls and meetings i have had, to seek some kind of help with this matter. needless to say that i have contemplated taking my situation to small claims court but i do not have any paper work as my file is still at puremed spa and until i can retrieve all my information i.e pictures, forms etc. i don't know what can be done? does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about attempting my own "small claims court" venture...i cannot afford to pay out any more money so i don't even know if any further action will be possible. but, if anyone has any suggestions at all, i am all ears. big hugs to everyone dealing with all the ###!!

Comments

• Th
      28th of Apr, 2010

Try to get a class action suit. There are enough people from this posting alone. you can find an attorney who will take the case on a contingency (they will take a portion of the settlement in exchange for representation). Call around. YOU HAVE A CASE, if you take it to court, with the others, you will win some money, which you all deserve. So sad you had to go through all that. Dont give up!

• Ns
      29th of Jan, 2011

I can't believe Im reading these. I have been dealing with the same thing from mesotherapy at pure med spa!! I spoke with so many odctors, so many attorneys and never got any answers. I would love to hear an update on your story! I have also done lipomassage, velashape, etc!

Please let me know!!

• Su
      29th of Jan, 2011

anyone from toronto that has issues with pure med spa there pls email me

• Ta
      12th of Aug, 2014

Well, they now go by the name of New You Spa - worse than ever!