pure acaiberry.comstarting me on a monthly program

1 Review updated:

I must have not read the fine print. For over a week the phone number I called never would answer. Then when they did answer it was a recording, they said their was a 45 minute wait to talk to some one, they gave me an e-mail, www.gohelpnow.com which was no help. Finally I can across many other complaints, and hopefully have cancelled. I was billed for the shipping of a sample and the next thing I know they charged my credit card for $74.98. This company is a rip off...

Comments

• J
      Sep 09, 2008

The same thing happen to me. We need to report this company.

• Da
      Sep 09, 2008

I would like to know how to stop these people from billing me.

• Cc
      Sep 09, 2008

Same thing happened to me. I have not had a chance to even TRY the samples and they took $128.00 out of my account and I haven't even received the products. How do we stop them from taking our money and is this going to be monthly? They won't answer my calls either.

• Ka
      Sep 10, 2008

I sent the stuff back to them for a refund so far they have not acknowledge me at all some times you get a person some simes a recording that you will have a 45 minute wait to talk to someone then tell you to go to a web site which is not much help

• Wi
      Sep 10, 2008

i was also charged for sample and got billed for $74.76 and recieved more pills i did not order.
    How do we stop this and get our credit card straight

Sep 10, 2008

I too responded to a promotional advertising for a diet product sample, Pure Acaiberry, it cost $4.87 for shipping only. Next thing I know, this company charged me $74.95 twice on 8/14/08. For over three days, I called the phone number, it was answered by a recording, there was a 45 minute wait to talk to someone, they gave me an website, www.gohelpnow.com which was not exist. This company must be a ghost company and it intended to rip off customers.

• Te
      Sep 10, 2008

The same thing happened to me. I did get through one time and they gave me a cancelation number. They also told me the product had already been mailed which I have never received and that I could return it by 9/17. I am going to dispute the charge on my credit card by filling out the form for disputes. Will see if that works.

• Da
      Sep 10, 2008

The same exact thing happened to me. I requested a sample, I was charged $4.87 for a "five day supply", and then the monthly shipment arrived. At that point, I called my credit card company, learned that I had been charged $74.70, and disputed the charge. I returned the merchandise with a note, and following the instruction of my credit card company, I attempted to phone the company, but like your experience, the call was not answered.

Does anyone know where we might go from here? Is the Better Business Bureau the way to protect other unwitting customers from this bad practice?

• Ju

I ASKED FOR FREE SAMPLE AND WAS TO BE BILLED FOR SHIPPING AND WAS ALSO
    BILLED FOR $ 79.00 DOLLARS AND I DIDN'T ORDER ANYTHING BUT THE FREE SAMPLE.
    I WILL BE REPORTING THEM TO MY BANK FOR FRAUD

Sep 11, 2008

I have the same comments as everyone else, they just need to stop lying before it gets worst. I just want my money back because it isn't what I expected and if you are going to lye, make sure that the stuff works. Just give me me

• Al
      Sep 11, 2008

Please remove me from starting a monthly program. I am returning the unauthorized last shipment and issue a confirmation number for this return.

Allan Priesel

• Ni
      Sep 11, 2008

This company IS a rip off!! Here's what I did. I called [protected], I was on hold for almost 20 minutes before someone picked up the phone. The person asked for my zip code, first and last name. I told him that I wanted to unsubscribe and he gave me a cancellation number. Now I will wait to see if I get charged again next month. I will save my cancellation number and get a refund if they do charge me. Hope this helps anyone who's in this same situation.

• Ba
      Sep 11, 2008

I also am trying to get reimbursed for a shipment I DID NOT RECEIVE, and have been told due to enrollment the wait is 45 minutes. There has to be a way to put this company OUT OF BUSINESS!!!

• Ba
      Sep 11, 2008

Something has to be done about this company. They are a total ripoff and should be put out of business!!!

Sep 11, 2008

i was charged 79.76 out of my account. and have not received anything for it. i tried to cancel my order. the company is a scam.

Sep 11, 2008

this company sucks. they took my money too. 79.76. we do need to stop them.

Sep 11, 2008

this company is a rip off...I too spent $4.87, and in return got a few pills . Then on my statement was charged $74.76 & $29.76..Are you kidding me??I will take this all the way, right to my lawyer and news 7..

Sep 11, 2008

This wouldn't happen if you quit trying to dodge the gym, fatty.

David,

Using Google would protect unwitting customers from this bad practice.

Corina,

More importantly, we need to stop impulse buying on teh interwebs.

• Be
      Sep 11, 2008

IT HAPPENED TO ME TOO. I CAN'T AFFORD IT . I AM LIMITED INcome .

THIS IS MY TRUE NAME AND EMAIL

• Yo
    pure acaiberry.com - Monthly program

Put me ona monthly program and charged my credit card without my authorization. Charge was $74.76. Thier web site (www.gohelpnow.com) is non-existent and their phone number gives recording which says the wait time is 45. min.

• St
      Sep 15, 2008

I have had nothing but problems with this so called company. They billed me $75.00 and I never recieved the product. I have sent forms in to complain along with several emails, end result they send me an email giving a number to call and I get the same result ie. 45 minute wait time, and to go to a www.gohelpnow.com. It is all a scam and I am researching how to go after this company. Please advise if anyone has any suggestions and/or results.

Thanks,

Stacy

Sep 15, 2008

Same phone numbers same recording 45min wait..goheplnow.com. same all the way around. I have been taken for 289.52 so far. I have cancelled through the website, recieved confirmation and they still tried to charge 29.95 twice. My bank is fighting the last 2 charges but the rest i'm just out. You have to cancel your card, that's the only way. If there is a class action, let me know. I'm going to try some way to find how to go after them as well.

• Sc
      Sep 15, 2008

The same has happened to me as well. On August 4th I was charge for the free sample( paid for shipping and handling) and then recieved a bottle of 60 Acai tablets that I did not order or give permission for them to bill my credit card. I called them and talked with some woman who told me she was cancelling my account, which I shouldn't have had one anyways..it was a free sample..and then she told me I had two days to return the bottle..so I did..It cost me $16.50 to return it and it was delivered back to them on 9/4/08 at 12:43 pm, I was told to put a note in with it saying why I was returning it and such and I did so. I told them to credit my credit card of their charge of $74.76 and I was giving a cancellation # as well. But it's been 2 weeks and they still haven't giving my money back or anything, I get the same recording over and over when I call them: we are experiencing high volume of calls..go to www.gohelp.com. I am talking with my credit card company now and they are working to get my money from that fraudulent company. This is a company that needs to be on the b.b.b list.

• Fl
    pure acaiberry.com - Charged 74.98 for a

I do not have any information about where the company business is located. All I have is what is on my charge card, which is Phoenix Performance, [protected]. I called this number, and I get a recording each time that says, "all of our operators are busy for at least 45 minutes. Please go to "gohelpnow.com, " which gives me no information at all.

Please tell me what I can do to get my money back?

• Ni
      Sep 15, 2008

I too was scammed by this company. I was charged
    $89 and some change. I called my bank directly and reported that this was an unauthorized charge. Who do these people think they are taking people's hard earned money? I will also file a complaint with the better business burea. I canceled my card, so they will not be able to get any more money from me.

Sep 16, 2008

I, also received a sample bottle in which I was chg'd only for the shipping chg. as stated. Then needless to say, I was then sent a 60 pill bottle without my consent & was charged $74.76 on my credit card.

As all the other complaints are duplicates re my problem also.
    You call, saying there is a 45 min. wait & to go to this website.
    I will be writing them & requesting a refund on my credit card.

I sympathize with all the other people that has been suckered into this scam... Hopefully, the BBB will look into this...

• Mb
      Sep 17, 2008

So true i agrree with you all. I wish there was a way to stop theses sob's from taking advanage.

Sep 17, 2008

I had the very same experience as all of the others who had complaints. I too, waited for some time before I had an answer, and then was told it would be a 45 minute wait.

• As
      Sep 18, 2008

I AM CALLING MY SELF STUPID, I ALL SO ORDERED ACAI BERRY SAMPIE TRIED TO STOP MY ORDER 1 DAY LATER THE MONEY HAD BEEN TOOK OUT OF MY CREDIT CARD ! DAY 2 CALLED AND GOT A ANCER THIS FEAMAIL TOLD ME I HAD NO ACCOUNT GOT A EMAIL IN FRONT OF ME WITH AUTHORIZATION ID # & COSTOMER # SHE HAD NOTHING ABOUT ME STILL CALLING AND GETTING SAME AS EVERYONE ELCE //// WAIT FOR 35 TO 40 MINUTE'S THEN TOLD TO GO TO WWW.GOHELPNOW.COM WELL HERE I AM .. THIS ACAI BEERY IS SUPPOSE TO BE FROM >PS3HEALTH PRODUCT'S < WELL MINE IS CAN'T FIND THEM EATHER, ... BUT STILL COLLING.

• Li
      Sep 18, 2008

I am glad to know I'm not the only one scammed by this company!! If anyone has any ideas on how to stop this co., please let us know?! Makes you wonder what's actually in these capsules?!? After hearing all of your stories, and my account being charged the $4.87, $74.76, and now $5.87, for who knows what?!? I'm going to close my card out! If I find anything out, I will post it on here, please do the same. We've got to stop these people!!!

Sep 21, 2008

I JUST WENT ON LINE TO CHECK MY BANK ACCOUNT AND FOUND
    THIS 84.90 CHARGE FOR THIS COMPANY NOT KNOWING WHO IT
    WAS I GOOGLED THE NUMBER AND FOUND THIS WEBSITE. I ALSO CALLED MY BANK TO DISPUTE THESE CHARGES AND THEY SAID THEY
    WOULD HANDLE IT. I HAD ORDERED THIS SUPPLEMENT FOR A TRY
    FROM TWO COMPANIES HOPEFULLY I WON'T GET A CHARGE FROM THE
    OTHER PLACE BY THE WAY IS EXTREME ACAI AND WORKED GREAT BUT
    I DON'T WANT TO BE FORCED INTO BUYING ANYTHING.

Sep 22, 2008

Just like all of the others I signed up for a 4.95 free sample and all of a sudden I got charged $74.76 and no product. I am going to have to changed my card number so that these rip offs cannot get anymore of my money. Something needs to be done here. I also called the number only to be told that there was a 35 min wait and no room in the voicemail box. I cannot believe this crap!

Jamie C
    Aurora, Il

Sep 22, 2008

Here're goes one more person that was charged. I was trying the free trial for $4.87.
    They give this phone [protected] and I only got an answering machine that is full and this email address, go figure.
    Learn my lesson. I call my credit card and stop any charged from this companies.
    I wondering why they give this eamil address?

• Ra
      Sep 22, 2008

For over a week the phone number I called nevered answer. Then when they did answer it was a recording, they said their was a 45 minute wait to talk to some one, they gave me an e-mail, www.gohelpnow.com which was no help. Finally I can across many other complaints, and hopefully have cancelled. I was billed for the shipping of a sample and the next thing I know they charged my credit card for $74.98. This company is a rip off...

Sep 22, 2008

This company is called Ultra Relief. A few weeks ago I was looking at sites which were how to work at home. When I came one that looked worth while, I read further. This was not only written but it was recorded and I could hear the man repeat, "It's only two dollars to start. So, I put my account number in just for two dollars, than it went to four dollars. Before I submitted it. I cleared out my information, because I read that my account would have $74.00 taken out of it, after the trial period. So, my thoughts were I erased my information before submitting, I would be safe. How wrong was I. Today, I noticed there was $74.00 taken from my account and the bank teller informed me that it was from Ultra Relief. When I did a search it had a number to call for complaints [protected]). After I called a recording came on that said it will be a thirty minute wait or go to www.gohelp.com There was another area to send a written complaint.

Sep 22, 2008

I found more information about this. L89 Nutrition support staff is suppose to get in contact with me by tomorrow. I have another website http://www.ultrarelief.com . Please look at this and see if you are able to get anywhere. Also, contact your bank. I will let you know what happened.

• Mi
      Sep 23, 2008

Ok, my wife fell for the e-mail, gave them our credit card # supposedly for shipping . got a sample then PERFORMANCE LIFE shows up in our bank charges for $79.76 they send you product without any authorization .Wil call our bank to dispute this charge looks like we may have to cancel the card #
    to get rid of this cancer

• Te
      Sep 23, 2008

I'm writing to say that I'm part of the I've been suckered by AcaiBerry as well. I've done all the same things that all of you have done. My credit card was charged 4.87 for S&H, and then a 74.76 charge was on my card for a months shipment that I had not received at the time that the charge was made to my card. I was able to talk with someone at the company and she gave me a RMA (return merchandise authorization) number, which I used to mail back the months supply. I mailed the pills back placed the number on the box, got a confirmation receipt from the post office so I could keep track of the package. I mailed the package on 9/12., they received the package in Orem UT on 9/15. And my credit card has still not been credited.

• Fr
      Sep 25, 2008

I totally agree with your complaint. This company deducted $149.96 from my checking account for the months of August and September. I tried to phone and received the same response as you. Need to know where this company is located and where to file a complaint.