Public Storage / may end up as a bait-and-switch
Do NOT fall for the $1.00 ADS - Neither the unit, nor the price are guaranteed at all. We reserved a unit, had a confirmation email in hand, confirmed with them over the phone (and they call daily until you talk to them); even went to the facility a few days early to make sure everything was in order and measure the unit when were told "that rate was just if we happen to have that unit available - the only one in your size is $40 more per month." They also said repeatedly "we do not raise rates for a year", when I asked where it says it in the contract was told, "we can't put it in writing since all units are month to month."
Very misleading advertising, taking advantage of people who are out of time to go shop again for a unit after believing they had a unit and price arranged. There are legitimate places out there with the same $1 for the first month who GUARANTEE your space and rate - PublicStorage does not.
More Public Storage Complaints & Reviews
- Public Storage - overcharging 
- Public Storage - stolen property 
- Public Storage - multi-billion dollar company cheats the little guy 
- Public Storage - terrible experience 
- Public Storage - bad service 
- Public Storage - customer service
- Public Storage - I have never been treated so badly by a company in my life
- Public Storage - storage bin and customer service
- Public Storage - bad lein
- Public Storage - rental price fraud