Proflowers Easy Saver Rewards / Deceitful Practices

1 CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: proflowers.com

I discovered a charge on my American Express bill from a company known as Easy Saver Rewards Program for $14.95 a month. I thought this was a charge for my internet service due to it being same amount. The charges continued from at least June 2007. When I called Easy Saver Rewards, they indicated that I was "signed up" for the service when I checked a "free shipping" box on an order with Pro Flowers. Pro Flowers substantiated the way in which enrollment in the Easy Saver program occurred and referred to my checking the free shipping box and adding my zip code was my electronic signature and acceptance.

I canceled the "Easy Saver" program participation and demanded a full refund. I alerted American Express to the scam. I also have canceled a recent order with ProFlowers and notified them that they have lost a repeat customer. Any company which uses personal information for automatic enrollment in another company's service is engaging in deceitful business practices.

Comments

• Wo
      2nd of Jul, 2009

From: Proflowers Customer Care
    Date: July 2, 2009 11:55:49 AM MDT
    Subject: RE: Pro-Flowers Deceptive Practices? (#8896-138426385-8222)

Thank you for contacting ProFlowers. We really appreciate your feedback on the EasySaver Rewards program. Rest assured, we take your comments seriously and we are constantly evaluating our partner programs to ensure they are providing the best value to our customers.

We apologize for any confusion you may have had with the enrollment process or the program itself. Let me take a moment to summarize the program enrollment. After you make a purchase on our site, we offer a $15 coupon good towards your next purchase. If you click on that coupon you will land on a registration page to join our EasySaver Rewards program. In order to enroll and receive the coupon, you must enter your email address and zip code as your acceptance of the terms and conditions of the program. The enrollment process and related partner program fees are stated within the Offer Details to the left of the "accept" button.

We do not wish for any customer to be in the program who does not desire to be, and will help you to cancel your membership if you wish. If you have not already done so and would like to cancel this membership, feel free to call EasySaver Rewards directly at 1-800-355-1837 and simple instructions will be provided for you to cancel.

We understand your frustration and will incorporate your feedback as we refine the program for future customers. To follow up, I am going to forward your valuable comments to our group that oversees the program. Our customer experience is of the utmost importance and we will do anything to improve your future shopping experiences.

Once again, we apologize for your poor experience and we are here to help in any other way necessary. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are available for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Best Regards,

HB Rita Sanford
    Customer Care
    ProFlowers
    The Art of Fresher Flowers

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Jul 2, 2009 7:44:59 AM
    Subject: Pro-Flowers Deceptive Practices?

On 15 May 2009 I placed an order with your company. My credit card activity showed the order placed with Pro-Flowers as well as two charges to a company named Easy Savers. When I called the 800 hundred number listed next to the Easy Saver charges I was told that by ordering from Pro-flowers and clicking on the free gift box that was on the screen after I placed my order I approved the charges. When I explained that I did not knowingly do that they agreed to remove the charges from my credit card. I consider myself a well educated senior citizen and pretty vigilant about scams but this one fits into the deceptive category. How could you, Pro-Flowers, you tricked me into a credit card charge with a free gift offer?

This morning I visited your sight and you have two such things lurking on your order page, Easy Saver shows up when you click the box that say "Gift For You Click to Claim" and still another company name shows up when you click on the "Congratulations: This order qualifies for a Free Shipping Rebate." God only knows what would be charged to my credit card if I clicked on that link.

I had always loved your flowers but now I am even afraid to visit your site for fear that I will entrap myself again. Are you so desperate for profit that now you must be so deceptive?