Privacy Matters 1 2 3 / Be careful, you will get 3 identification numers you have to cancel them all

I signed up for Privacy matters 1 2 3 becasue of a strange letter I got in the mail. I got the basic information, however I found their complaint process pretty useless. I decided to get my "truly" free credit report from Experian directly. I got the problem resolved and decided to cancel the service before my 1 week free membership was up.

When I went back and looked at my e-mails I was shocked to see that not only had I gotten signed up for the free credit report thing, but two other "one week free trial memberships" for identity monitoring and some discount club, all had different membership numbers. When I called, the rep was nice when I went to cancel the first one that I had signed up for, but tried to rapidly get me off the phone. I halted her long enough to rattle off the other 2 membership numbers for cancellation as well.

Bottom line, be really careful and pay attention to what appears to be redundant e-mails, they all offer different services and if you get signed up for all 3 somehow like I did, make sure you cancel all of them. Or you will start getting charged for things you didn't want in the first place.

Comments

• Ka
    Privacy Matters 1 2 3 - Unauthorized charges
    Michigan

What this company is doing is down right wrong! They took my credit card number from Classmates.com. I wonder if Classmates knows about this? Well... They will now!

Scam, scam, scam!

• Co
      12th of Jun, 2009

gameim.com is a rip off plz do not buy from them they get your money the the ### run you around you never get your item

• Co
      12th of Jun, 2009

gameim is a scam and rip off do not buy from them