Pottery Barn / customer service

US Review updated:

Customer Rep Pamela and Customer Rep Supervisor D Sorreta fought with my wife about a refund that she was justified in receiving. There was a technical issue on the mobile website of Pottery Barn that allowed capital letters for engraving but when my wife and I received the actual product, the engraving was not in all caps like the 'Preview' and Shopping Cart showed us before purchase. Instead it was in Title Case. Pamela and D Sorreta were insisting it was my wife's confusion that led to her purchasing the product without understanding the engraving instructions. But these two failed to understand that Pottery Barn's mobile website was at fault from the start. Finally after showing screen shots from the mobile website to D Sorreta, my wife was granted the refund she was requesting. Ridiculous, rude and unprofessional customer service from a company who sells high-priced items. We have been customers for years but the treatment we received from these two customer reps was the worst customer experience we've ever had. Suffice it to say, we will no longer shop at Pottery Barn after this year. These customer reps also lack technical training. Instead of finding out that there was an issue on their mobile site that didn't replicate on the desktop site of Pottery Barn, my wife had to be the one to figure it out for them and call them out on it. The whole time these two were just insisting my wife was wrong and wasn't trying to understand her situation. Never again Pottery Barn! We will be taking our money and business elsewhere.

Ja
Dec 06, 2016

Comments

• Ex
      Oct 30, 2018

If I could give Pottery Barn less than one star I would. Their customer service is beyond terrible. I have literally just been placed on hold (over 12 min now) without any warning. The last 2 times I called I was randomly disconnected before I could even state the reason for my call. Furniture orders continue to be delayed, delayed, delayed with inconsistent emails notifying me of the delays. I placed my order 2 months ago; WARNING - if you need something delivered from PB better order 4+ months in advance, and you MIGHT receive by then. We've spent close to $20k this past year; time to switch to another furniture store that actually cares about their customers. Oh, and still holding...