Pottery Barn / Sold the table I paid for to someone else
I had a really negative experience with purchasing furniture at Pottery Barn. I went to get a coffee table there and they did a stock check to make sure they had the item on the premises. The salesperson assured me that they had one in stock, that they would tag it with my sales slip and that I had 30 days to pick it up to save on the delivery fee.
2 weeks later, I arrange to borrow a truck and hand the receipt over, then wait about 30 minutes. They then inform me that they are "minus 2" on stock and that they can't find the table anywhere on the west coast. They had actually sold the table I had paid for and had no way to replace it. From the "minus two" I guess some other person was in the same boat I was.
Finally they actually call some other stores and find one a few counties away (maybe it's time to upgrade the inventory system) and then arrange to transfer it to the store I actually purchased it from. When I ask when it would be in, the person responds with a shrug and then tells me I have to call every day to "stay on them" because there are so many managers that no one knows what's going on. He actually said that! Basically the burden is on me to hunt down the merchandise I already paid for to make sure that they don't sell it out from under me again. There was no offer to ship it to directly me to rectify the problem they created. After paying $700 for basically an MDF box with veneer on it, you'd expect some semblance of customer service.
To sum up, I do not trust Pottery Barn to be able to maintain an accurate inventory or to be able to train their staff not to sell items that are no longer their property!
More Pottery Barn Complaints & Reviews
- Pottery Barn Ivory Felt Shag Rug - Extreme Small and Shedding 
- Pottery Barn/chatham Outdoor Furniture - Finish Doesn't Hold Up 
- PB Teen - Crinkle Puff Quilts
- Pottery Barn Kids - Dreadful delivery service
- Pottery Barn - Bad service 
- Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonoma - poor customer service - no response to schedule delivery
- Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonoma - service
- Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonoma - furniture
- Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonoma - furniture delivery
- Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonoma - misleading pricing