POF.com / Plenty of Fish / poor behaviour from users.

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I have been on this site for over 4 months now, and before then on and off for a year. I have to say that I am disgusted by nearly every single one of the men I have been on dates with or have communicated with on your site. I never usually complain, but this has gone too far now.

I have to tell you that on Sunday 17th June 2018. I arranged to meet a bloke and I had the most awful experience where by he wanted me to follow him to an unknown destination to meet his friends, which I thought was very odd given I had only just met him, and he displayed very odd behaviour and was very persistent about me following him in my car. I was already vulnerable in the sense that I was unfamiliar with the chosen destination to meet, which was my fault I guess. I know I should not have agreed to follow him, but I was in the moment and I did. He reassured me that we would be at his local pub within 15 minutes, I was following him for 25 minutes, and I was getting more and more frightened as He took me on the M4, and I had no idea where I was. Eventually I had the sense to just turn off at the next roundabout. I was in a state because I had to get back to my children and he knew this. I told him I only had a couple of hours and I could not understand why he was asking me to follow him after just 15 minutes of meeting.
I ended up getting really lost and having to go into a a pub not knowing anyone, to ask for help, I was very upset. Having spoken to friends and various people I do believe that this situation could have ended up in a bad way. First date, desperately wanting me to follow him to meet his mates... it does not make sense. He also continued to call me to see where I had got to, and accused me of being unfair for not answering.

Needless to say I have blocked him and am coming off of the site.

There have been other incidents I have encountered, such as verbal abuse if I don't show my Boobs within the first 3 sentences of speaking, too many demands of wanting rude pictures, and getting sent pictures of mens privates, which quite frankly is disgusting.

There are also so many fake profiles on there, men saying they want a relationship, when they don't... they just want to get their leg over for one night... and I could go on and on.

I think what happened on Sunday really put things into perspective for me, I am a single hard working mum of two, and I really feel that my life could well have been jeopardised if I had not turned off when I did. He said some odd things to me like He was so glad he had met me, he also said that he was coming straight off of POF as soon as he got home. He wanted to come into my home this coming Friday which I thought was a little to pushy. He then invited himself to my house to cook... it was all so strange.

So I just wanted to let you know that there are some really quite nasty men on your site, and although I don't pay for any upgrades I think the people who use POF should be vetted more, as it seems to be full of liars and weirdos.
Unfortunately I have deleted all correspondence between him and myself as I did not want anything else to do with him, so I blocked and deleted him.
I am not expecting anything to be done, just wanted to vent and make you aware.

Go
Jun 20, 2018

Comments

• Su
      20th of Jun, 2018

So it’s their fault you chose to meet a horny guy? You had bad feelings but still met out of the way. Other men have been rude or sexual and that alarms you. Welcome to 2018, sweetheart. YOU chose to talk or correspond or meet. The site can’t vet every person.