PlayPhone Inc. / Unauthorized Subscription
I also reviewed my March 2009 AT&T cellular phone invoice and noticed an unauthorized subscription charge noted as Mobile Game Show, short code 20888, provider PlayPhone Inc., charged on 03/04/2010, for $14.99.
After reviewing the other complaint on this site and discovering that the subscription was linked to unanswered text messages, I recalled receiving messages, which I just deleted.
I called AT&T and after informing the service employee that I had an unauthorized subscription on my bill, she credited my account for all related charges, which she said would be effective within four hours. She also added Parental Controls to my phone as the way to block these types of unwanted purchases without blocking content. If I should want to purchase something via my phone, I must use a PIN number provided by AT&T. Although not ideal, at least AT&T was able to provide a solution.
I agree that this type of marketing procedure is fraudulent sales and needs to discontinued by PlayPhone immediately. Additionally, ATT should implement a spam blocker.
More PlayPhone Inc. Complaints & Reviews
- Flycell Downloads and PlayPhone Inc. - Unauthorized Mobil Purchases & Downloads 
- PlayPhone Inc - Phone bill scam 
- Playphone Club - Unauthorized subscription 
- Playphone Ringers - Charge to Cell Phone Bill 
- PlayPhone Inc - Unauthorized Charges by PlayPhone Inc. 
- PlayPhone - 3000 Playphone 
- Playphone credits incorporated - Fraudulent charges on phone bill
- playphone inc. ringtone - $14.99 charge on my cell phone 
- PlayPhone Inc - Unauthorized charge 
- playphone Inc ringtone - unauthorized charges