Planet Fitnesstheft

I joined the Hammonton, NJ Planet Fitness today at 5am, took about 10 minutes to register. Went to the locker they assigned me(65) and went and worked out. Came back to locker and jumped into the shower and had my back in front of the shower (this was 5:55-6:05)I left and got on my train to go to school and checked my wallet to find $315.00 stolen. The person left $15 in ones so that I wouldn't notice. I called Planet Fitness and no manager there but employee said that it's not their responsibility but employees do have keys to the lockers. My mother in law called the police department and I am stopping to file a report on my way home. She also called to speak with a manager, Brena.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Hammonton, NJ Brena advised her that she could look at the camera's going into the locker room and the sign in sheet. They cancelled my account at my request, I do not feel safe there. When my mother in law called back to see how things were progressing, Brena told her that they couldn't do anything. But could if the police request it. My mother in law also said, the police can also request the sign in and to know what employee were there at that time who had access to the locker keys and was told they could give to the Police if proven that the Police want that information. They went from being helpful to being snotty. This was my 1st and last day here. What an experience. I will be telling everyone and hoping that the Police are more helpful. Do you have $315.00 to throw away, I surely don't. I see so many break ins & issues on this page-Planet Fitness needs to be held responsible.

Na
Nov 27, 2017

Comments

•   Nov 27, 2017

"They went from being helpful to being snotty"

No they went from helpful to following the law. File the police report and they can release personal information to the cops. Like any normal person would understand.

• Po
      Nov 27, 2017

They are doing exactly what they can and should do. Filing a police report is the proper next step. Without the police, I'm sure they are limited in what they can reveal to a customer that may include information about other customers or employees. They seem to be rather helpful in my opinion.

• Di
      Nov 28, 2017

I am a member of the Hammonton Planet Fitness. Naturally, I'm concerned about this post, but I'm curious about two things that nak87 wrote.
    1- It seems odd to me that nak87 was a new member, and everything happened (joined, worked out, showered, got robbed, called the manager, cancelled membership) the one & only time the person ever went to this gym.
    2- nav87 said that they were assigned a locker. At this gym, lockers aren't assigned; members choose their own lockers.
    I'll be following this thread & local news to find out what happened and how this issue is resolved.

• Po
      Nov 29, 2017

@Dinja This is an interesting addition- thanks for sharing.