Pier 1 Imports / store staff

United States, Yuma Review updated:
Pier 1 Imports
I have been shopping at Pier 1 for over 15 years, and I can't believe how much it has changed...and not for the better! It used to be staffed by professional looking and acting salespeople, but it has really gone down hill the past year, year and a half.
The staff used to be very professional looking, neat, and friendly. Now, they look like any other staff at a casual store: visible tattoos, leggings (!!), head scarfs, open backed shoes. My niece used to work there, and they used to have a strict, professional dress code. I guess Pier 1 is gearing its staff more toward the younger crowd, and not to us long time customers.
I also guess there is new management, which may be the reason for this new "look". I used to see a lot of the management staff on the sales floor regularly, but not anymore. I'm lucky to see one salesperson. If they need a manager, they always have to call for one. I miss the "regulars" who used to be in management. The gals were always so friendly, and knew their stuff!
I've also had problems with the new online ordering, which is really being pushed at the store. My last order came in broken, but it was exchanged with no problem. The guy who helped me said this is a common problem, which makes me hesitant to order online again. At least I didn't have to pay for shipping .
May 15, 2015

N  21st of May, 2010 by

Pier 1 Imports - I can not find the survey to receive my $10.00 back
Pier 1 Imports

I went on line to respond to the feedback after making two purchases at my local Pier 1. I can not find the survey to receive my $10.00 OFF MYNEX $50 PURCHASE. My receipt showes a redemption code, but no number. One receipt is Store #1540 Reg. #4 Trans $2411 and the other is Store #1540 Reg #1 Trans #1186.
D  20th of Jun, 2010 by
I work for pier 1 there should be a number to call and u can take the survey and recieve your $10 off your next purchase of $50. I get those all the time!
N  22nd of Jun, 2010 by

Pier 1 Imports - Nobody could find the 2009 Christmas ornament
Pier 1 Imports

During the 2009 christmas shopping season, I sent out several people to different Pier 1 Imports stores around Rockford, Ill and Chicago to find the 2009 christmas orniment (the glass car with the tree on top) none of us could find it and that made me very sad..
N  14th of Jul, 2011 by

Pier 1 Imports - Rattan Kitchen set
Pier 1 Imports

We purchased a Rattan kitchen set, and the paint or laquer is peeling off everywhere (chairs & table). We went back to the store in Ottawa where the item was purchased and was directed to this site. Very unsatisfied.

Pier 1 Imports Logo Pier 1 Imports