[Resolved] Pick N Pay Sedgefield / back to normal

1 Parrot strSedgefield, South Africa Review updated:
Phone: 0443431573

After being ripped of by Spar for so many years the opening of the p n p store was welcomed by all Sedgefielders. After six weeks of happy shopping things are back to normal. eg There is not one special on the shelves, products are priced higher than all other p n pays.Why is this? Oh sorry, the management has stayed the same, the same management that ripped us off all the years.I love to shop at p n pays around South Africa, not having traveled to Zimbabwe I would imagine Sedgefield p n pay to be the p n pay of a 3rd world country. Please send a district manager to look for the near non existent no name brands and the general cost of all products in comparison to other p n pays. Spar allowed the store management to put on there own markups. Is this what is happening again? I am 58 years of age and have shopped in supermarkets since the early seventies. I am sure that If Mr Ackerman Had to shop in the Sedgefield p n pay he would disown it. Thank you for taking the time to read my grievance.

• Resolution statement

• Pick n Pay Customer Care's Response, Aug 20, 2018

Good Day All Pick N Pay Customers

Please kindly send all complaints/ inquiry's directly to Pick n Pay on the below email address for a Pick N Pay consultant to address all concerns.

customercare@pnp.co.za
    smartshopperaccount@pnp.co.za

We can be contacted during the following office hours.

Monday-Friday : 08:00 – 19:00
    Saturday : 08:00 – 19:00
    Sunday : 09:00 - 17:00
    Public Holidays : 09:00 - 17:00

Our Contact number is 0800 11 22 88.

Kind Regards
    Pick n Pay

Re
Aug 14, 2015

Comments

• Ra
      21st of Dec, 2010
    pick and pay - exchange
    Pick and Pay
    South Africa

I purchased a bag of washng powder at the Malvern branch of Pick and Pay, went home only to discover that I took a bag of regular powder instead of the auto brand, with all my shopping I throw away the cash sale slip as soon as I leave the store, I got home and realized that I had the wrong brand, I promptly sent a friend to exchange the item and the person was practically harassed at the store by the staff and store manager, at that particular time only Pick and Pay was promoting that item, they knew it was their product but they were still in denial about the product, after much convincing the accepted the product but recuired a surcharge for the exchange .
    surely a company of this size emphises the importance customer services, but with Pick and Pay it is non existent

• Sp
      14th of Jan, 2011
    Pick 'n Pay - Staff treat you as if they own you something
    Pick 'n Pay

Needles to say I will not do my shopping in the shop anymore. The staff treat you as if they own you something. In this hard times we do not have money to through away and would like to see a smiling face or just good morning and thank you. But no Sunday after church we were treated like 'oh what do you want' and 'Ag I am not in the mood' form the Supervisor and one of the packers. No this is not on!!!

• So
      19th of Jan, 2011
    Pick 'n Pay - The Customer must ensure the barcode is right?
    Pick 'n Pay

I bought a DVD-R on Saturday 06032010 13:47 and was charged R5.00 (instead of the stated R4.00), when I brought this up I was charged only R4.00. When I enquired about the Pricing Policy, I was told if the barcodes match the item will be given for free and the remainder at the lower price . I have however had the same scenario (where the barcodes did not match and the Pricing Policy was applied) - Van Riebeeck Mall Pick n Pay. Must the customer search the entire shop for the correct Barcode? When is the Pricing Policy applied and when not?

• Av
      31st of Mar, 2011
    Pick & Pay Princess Crossing - Failure to comply to promotion
    Mrs HJ Avenant
    South Africa

Pick & Pay had a promotion where you collect stamps for a set of pots and pans. Since the closing date, they didn't have enough stock for all the customers. The promotions expiry date was to collect was 27-03-11. Although they said that the date would be extended to collect stock, they still don't have any stock, and don't seem to bothered or interested to be of any help. We have been riding up and down, just to get there for no service. The one manager told us to come and pick up our pot on 31-03-11, because he is going to the supplier personally, and there will be stock. When we got there again, still no stock, still no service. They just pull up their shoulders and couldn't care. What are we to do as small customers, when big companies just do as they wish. They are already promoting their next promotion, Smart Points, but couldn't yet deliver on the previous one.

• Al
      7th of Dec, 2012
    pick and pay - exchange
    Pick and Pay
    South Africa

When I make a legitimate complaint on a "complaints" website, I get an immediate response from a senior marketing puke who invites me to contact them personally in order to resolve my complaint. My complaints are not resolved and so I contact them...with no response. They are just professional box tickers who play the corporate game of appearing to give customer service but deliver nothing. Pick and Pay...You should hang your head in shame.

26th of Nov, 2015

Please provide as much information as possible...For 2 weeks now no small lux soap on shelves and there are always empty shelves for weeks at a time not been restocked and management not interested and when there are specials there is never enough stock.

• St
      7th of Jan, 2016

Let it be said once and for all - the shop is as filthy as it has always been, floors are not being washed, check-out counter tops look close to revolting, shelves are near to empty regarding essentials, the service is pathetically poor with queues getting longer by the day and on the hottest days of the year the air conditioning is switched off. It seems that the owners are just not interested/unwilling or, more than likely, unable in presenting a clean well run franchise. Quite frankly, we have stopped buying at the shop and now travel to either Knysna or George to do our shopping.