Pick 'n Pay / store encourages poor hygiene practices

United States Review updated:

I have complained numerous times with regards to the hygiene of this store. Today I was nauseated by the stench floating around the meat counter of this store. This is totally unacceptable, even for the Louis Trichardt store were Management shows no concern for any of the clients. My problem however is the remains is any of the fresh products served in this store safe for human consumption? While standing at the bread counter, I noticed that the public pokes the fresh bread, touches and squeezes the bread until the “right” bread is located and then it placed in a protective cover. (Plastic or paper.) All of this happens after about ten breads have been handled already. We life in a society pestered by illnesses related to poor hygiene, yet your store encourages poor hygiene practices by letting the public handle the fresh bread. I also noticed that only some of your bakery personnel wear gloves while handling fresh products. If all of the above is not bad enough it seems like all your cashiers are on a slow strike, taking their time assisting patrons in your store.

Al

Comments

13th of Jan, 2011

If you consider this post to be absolutely true, you've continued to go back anyway because...?