Philippine Airlines / cancelled flights

Philippines, Manila
I booked and paid for a return flight from Sydney to Manila on 5th December 2014
I received confirmation that the two flights-Departing Sydney 11/6/15 and returning from Manilla 6/7/15 that same day.
Accordingly I then made hotel and tour arrangements that same day.

On the 10th February, 2015 I received an email advising me that changes had taken place and both flights had been cancelled and moved to the following day ie 12/6/15 and 7/7/15.
I called their customer service centre on 4 separate occassions and each time I was told that they were not prepared to compensate me in any way for the delayed day for my hotel and the extra hotel costs/transfer for the return trip.Philippine Airlines were relying on their terms and conditions to circumvent compensation.I then had to arrange to stay at a hotel for 2 nights in Manila
for my extra day layover and also airport transfers to and from the airport which were non-refundable.

On the 22nd May, 2015 I posted a letter of complaint to their CEO who is also their chairman Dr Tan to their HO in Manila.
On the 16th June I received an email from their customer service office acknowledging my letter of complaint and offering 15, 000 bonus points to their frequent flyer program and pay for 1 night accommodation (2 nights were required).
I sent a reply advising them that I was already in Manila and had been there for 6 days and that the offer was too late and unacceptable.
Never heard a word from them since then.
I chose this airline in the belief that they were a reputable and reliable airline given that I was fed up with cancelled flights with Air Asia and believed this airline was a viable alternative and was not a budget airline.
How wrong could I be.Experience has proven that Philippine Airlines
is worse than a budget airline (their tickets are at a higher cost) and
I consider the MANAGEMENT of this airline to be completely unreliable, unrepentant, unprofessional and unconscionable.
The MANAGEMENT needs to take a good look at themselves and start following their ground
staff and cabin crew/pilots example who Do show proper professionalism.

I will never use Philippine Airlines again and it is a shame that this airline uses the name of it's home country as I believe it does not reflect the caring of this country's persona.
I am just fed up with this airline and urge others to be very careful if considering using this second class airline.
I am applying through my travel insurance for compensation but the waste of time I have spent trying to resolve this issue with this airline has cost many many hours without result.
Jul 17, 2015