Petro Canada / charge for air

1 British Columbia, Canada Review updated:

The local Petro Canada station at Scott Road and 80th in Delta has recently been renovated. I went in just after it had re-opened to put air in my tire that was a little flat. To my surprise, they now have a $1.00 charge to put air in tires. I have gone to Petro Canada for years, but I will no longer support this company, but will take my business where air is free.

Jm

Comments

• Mi
      4th of Dec, 2008

this happened to me today -- they had a perfectly good, in fact rather modern, free air machine and today it's been replaced with a $1 machine. this is on bloor near high park. I will not be going back there for gas. miguel

• Ab
      19th of Dec, 2008

The Petrocanada station on Goreway and Queen in Brampton had a nice free air tower. However, today when I went to top up my tires, I found that that was replaced by an air station which had to be fed with a dollar coin to activate

I felt that this is real money grab. Universally, air is free in pumps and that is how I have known it. The only place I had to pay for air till date was at SUNOCO (50 cents) where they say the money collected goes to Sick Kids (hopefully it does)

Charging a dollar for air is outrageous. Gas companies are probably the greediest industry. The high profits they have made make them more greedier.

I decided not to fill up in this station so that I do not contribute to their profits. I have decided to fill up only in pumps where air is free. Hope that other motorists follow this so that as consumers we can teach them as lesson.

• As
      6th of May, 2009

I work at a Petro Canada, and we have a machine that turns the air pump on for free. It does charge a dollar though if you don't come into the store. But if someone comes in and asks for change for the air machine, we will turn it on for free for them.

• As
      6th of May, 2009

BUT I do agree that charging a dollar for air is outrageous. If it was up to me, air would be completley free.

27th of Jan, 2017

IT SHOULD BE AGAINST THE LAW TO CHARGE FOR AIR.

• Or
      2nd of Sep, 2018

I went into a gas station in Montreal today, and was shocked and insulted when I saw that the price of AIR, which should be FREE, now costs 1.50$!!!

I left the station immediately, and purchased a machine instead. There is NO way I will be paying gas stations for that, when we are being overcharged for gas and whatever they are selling inside the store anyway.
    Everywhere I ever travelled int eh world, air was free. It should be a free service aimed at encouraging people to check their tire pressure to avoid road accidents and flat tires on main roads.

I tried to go to an Esso station, and it was the same price. I will be avoiding these two companies from now on.