Petland / they tried to sell me an ill puppy!

Petland in Chicago ridge was the place when it all started...me and my mother walked in just to look around before we went home... there was a tiny female chihuahua puppy in the cage.. A man took her out for us, to see her. She was shaking of fear, her eyes were runny, and she was trying to get away. We were very close to getting her but... $1300 and when we saw her vet report, she was bred by omish people?? in a mill??

We didn’t get this puppy... it was probably sick... the man was very pushy "awww she really seems to like you" "ive never seen a dog like someone so much" " 1300 dollars is the average price for a dog" sure, that we didn’t get her, but we advise u not to get puppies from the pet stores only puppies from mills go thereā€¦

Lu

Comments

• Ki
      17th of Jan, 2008

UNFORTUNATELY many people do buy from petstores & honestly you DON'T know what you're really getting. & YES 90% of puppies in petstores are from Puppymills. I don't understand the logic... Go to petstore for a pup & you pay outrageous prices, Find a reputable Breeder & you get a great healthy pup for half the price. They just closed a puppymill down in Virginia over 1000 puppies were taken, many extremely sick,others just really scared & dirty. Thank god shelters took them in & were up for adoption within weeks of being rescued. (these were Yorkies) These animals never see or feel the warmth of loving hands until someone buys one. They are kept in small cages with no social life. I have stepped into many petstores buying a puppy to save him from being in a cage, then I find a loving home for. I can't stand seeing these helpless critters behind glass in freezing cold conditions. NOW I stay away,I turn the other way and don't go near the pet aisle. It only makes me cry. & yes I own a zoo here at home & I wouldn't have it any other way! As I write I have 4 chihuahuas curled up along side me. Please if you want a dog/cat/puppy/kitten check your local shelters & if you feel the want for purebred Please search for a breederwho specializes in that breed & you get ALL your questions & concerns answered. If you don't like the breeder for whatever reason or won't answer your questions..MOve on to someone else & always request to meet the parents of the animal you're buying.

• 0 Votes

WE BOUGHT A PUPPY FROM PETLAND JANUARY 8, 2009 AN HE WAS REALLY SICK!NEVER BUY A DOG FROM THERE