Pep Boys Tires / avoid them

Pep Boys Tires
My wife made the mistake of taking her car to Pep Boys at 215 E. Katella in Orange, California to have her brakes checked. She received no call from them regarding the repair costs so when she went to get the car at the end of the day it had new brakes front and rear and two new Futura GLS 185-65R14 tires. Knowing she had gotten screwed and having failed to consult me first she just paid the $500+ dollars and didn't mention the incident. I'm over that part but since then we've had three "side wall" flats on those tires. I've worked in the automotive industry and I know that this is a product issue. Two of the flats occurred while I was using the car and I didn't run over anything to cause this. We have had this car for over five years and no other brand of tire has had any sort of flat let alone a side wall flat. Even with the so called road hazard coverage each replacement was at least $35. That's for a tire that's only $45 brand new! I would also like to point out that my attempt at discussing this with the manager led to him angrily pointing out that only my poor driving could cause this. I do not expect any help with this matter from Pep Boys, I just want everyone to avoid this sort of thing happening to them.

Pep Boys Logo Pep Boys