Pep Boys / overcharging and passing cost mistakes to customers
my car[2001 PTC LE] is currently being serviced at pepboys because I had really bad service at a car dealership, and my car started overheating again 2 days before I took it to pepboys. I was shown a part which they called a "bypass tube" which was rusted and thusly was leaking water really bad. they then showed me the knock sensor was broken[either by the dealer or them] and wanted to charge me $72 for replacing this part as well. Later that day I researched both parts online and only found the knock sensor was only $40 and the "bypass Tube" could not be found. Then pepboys claimed the part delivered from the dealer was wrong and now it will cost me $100 more to obtain and install the correct part because the dealer "priced the wrong part". So far I have lost 2days of work and $400 for my next check because I have to give my work orders away to my clients. I will lose my business because I have no more money to spend.
pepboys has bankrupted me and will not release my car so I can get back to work to make money to pay my bills.
I own this car and have suffered bad service from ASE techs from all the places I went for service from. I need resolution now. I have no more patience for bad service from "ASE techs" who are careless and ruin honest workers cars
More Pep Boys Complaints & Reviews
- Pep Boys - badtreatment of employees 
- Pep Boys - rip off 
- Pep Boys Auto - brake repair scam 
- Pep Boys - terrible service! 
- Pep Boys - “miscellaneous shop charge” is a scam 
- Pep Boys - my car has been at pep boys since may 25th for a new motor.
- Pep Boys - confirmed appt... and they said it didn't matter it issues that have been ongoing 
- Pep Boys - poor workmanship & they have not replaced my center caps they destroyed 2 months ago!
- Pep Boys - lied about service they provide/bad customer service 
- Pep Boys - tires, cv axle boot, intake hose