Pep Boys / safety check? hah!
This spring my wife and I planned a visit to Arizona. She took her 2000 Saab (70k mileage/well maintained) in for a safety check, advising that we would put on 1500+ desert miles. Two employees signed off A OK. The main radiator hose turned out to be old. The hose blew, car overheated, blown head gasket. Early end to vacation and $3, 000 in repairs and another $6-700 in transportation and car rentals. The certified mechanic in Tucson was livid, stating no way this was looked at and they don’t at least suggest a $35 hose!
When I went in to speak with the manager, get this: he tells me the Bureau of Automotive Repairs has forbidden them from recommending anything be replaced unless they can see it’s already broken! My long-time mechanic says that is nonsense. So we have to file a claim.
More Pep Boys Complaints & Reviews
- Pep Boys - badtreatment of employees 
- Pep Boys - rip off 
- Pep Boys Auto - brake repair scam 
- Pep Boys - terrible service! 
- Pep Boys - “miscellaneous shop charge” is a scam 
- The Pep Boys - tire replacement
- Pep Boys - incompetent service tech.
- The Pep Boys - tires
- Pep Boys - breaks rotors drums disc brakes the whole knew breaking system and my radiator
- Pepboys Store # 732 - the blatant disregard of respect and good customer service