People PC / Unauthorized charges
My father, who is 85 years old, has an account with PeoplePc. In June of 2007 I set his account up for him and paid for one full year in advance with my bank account. In May of 2008 my father contacted them and told them he wanted to pay in advance for another year of service for himself. BUT he did not want to use a charge or debit card and he did not want it added to his telephone bill. So he got a certified check from his bank and sent it to the address that the lady from INDIA told him to send it to. (Which was in CALIFORNIA) He sent it by registered mail and requested a signed receipt.
Well June came around and you guessed it the check had not made it to the right destination yet (Which was GEORGIA) so the tried to pull money from my account again, which was blocked. Then Two months went by and my father had no service because they had disconnected his service for non payment. They added the charge to his phone bill (Which by the way you do not have to pay these charges and you phone company will not disconnect your phone).
They then received his check and he received his receipt in the mail. His service was reinstated. We thought all was fine. UNTIL THEY TOOK TWO MONTHS OF CHARGES OUT OF MY ACCOUNT IN AUGUST OF 2008. I don't know how they did it but they did and they insist he owes it for the two months of service before they received his check, YES the two months he had no service.
There is absolutely no way to contact them. You e-mail them and you get the same response to call this 888# and you call the 888# and you get NOTHING.
More People PC Complaints & Reviews
- Earthlink - Total incompetence 
- PeoplePC.com - Charged for canceled account 
- PeoplePC.com - Online scam
- Earthlink - Unable to close the Earthlink account 
- PeoplePC.com - Very poor customer service! 
- PeoplePC.com - peoplepc. allowed fraud on my acct. my emails stolen
- EarthLink / Windstream Services - earthlink hyperlink
- EarthLink / Windstream Services - wifi
- EarthLink.net - it will never get better
- peoplepc online an earthlink brand - unethical canceling practices