Penn Foster Career School / they're terrible
I enrolled in Penn Foster in June of 2008 in their (what I thought was the Certificate Program) Medical Assisting program. I had to e-mail them and ask for my enrollment agreement and when I received it, it stated that I was in the Associates Degree program which ends up being approx $3, 000 more dollars. I e-mailed them and said there must be a mistake and all that they could tell me was that I would have to cancel this program (which will cost $335.00) and reenroll in the Certificate program.
Then I asked about transferring like it state in the handbook for 50.00 and they said that was for students who paid their tuition in full first. I tried to advise them that my husband was on dialysis awaiting a kidney transplant and they didn't care. So I guess I am stuck paying $3700.00 which will take me years on our income. So I guess I won't get my degree until then.
More Penn Foster Career School Complaints & Reviews
- Penn Foster - payments of tuition! 
- Penn Foster - won't let me cancel courses 
- Penn Foster - awful company 
- Penn Foster Career School - medical billing and coding classes 
- Penn Foster - false fees 
- Penn Foster - enrollment $1 and ended up with a $1564 debt in my credit.
- Penn Foster - I never did any online classes only got a username and password
- Penn Foster - unknown fees
- Penn Foster - being billed twice in one month for monthly payments
- [Resolved] Penn Foster - canceling and debt