Penn Foster Career School / they're terrible

I enrolled in Penn Foster in June of 2008 in their (what I thought was the Certificate Program) Medical Assisting program. I had to e-mail them and ask for my enrollment agreement and when I received it, it stated that I was in the Associates Degree program which ends up being approx $3, 000 more dollars. I e-mailed them and said there must be a mistake and all that they could tell me was that I would have to cancel this program (which will cost $335.00) and reenroll in the Certificate program.

Then I asked about transferring like it state in the handbook for 50.00 and they said that was for students who paid their tuition in full first. I tried to advise them that my husband was on dialysis awaiting a kidney transplant and they didn't care. So I guess I am stuck paying $3700.00 which will take me years on our income. So I guess I won't get my degree until then.

Va

Comments

• St
      11th of Sep, 2008

On the positive side, it should still only cost $29/month interest free and you are more likely to get a better paying job with an AA than a certificate.

• He
      9th of Mar, 2009

I am a current student of Penn Foster and its been nothign but problems. My class is extremely disorganized. They change the class schedule over and over and no notice is given. I have to adjust my real job schedule to accommodate. The teacher tells people over and over she has too many students and is tired of all the emails. They are rude to people and make you feel stupid for "bothering" them.

They have a participation requirement that is completely unclear. They make you spend time reading about teenage girls face book pages in order to make a participation grade.

The school is a Joke and judging by the quality of the other student this degree would carry no weight.

To bad they don't allow you to cancel as I will be out $1000 for almost no education. Their techniques were outdated and the books were flimsy booklets that looked photocopied. I know other people dont get these bu tin my course we do.

Steer clear folks, if your unhappy your screwed they charge a hefty cancellation fee.

• Dh
      28th of Mar, 2011

I am enrolled in this program. When I started I made sure to pay my tuition in full. I had the option to receive all my study materials at once, which I did. Long story short you DO receive text books so for those complaining you obviously have not reached the point in the program where the text books are required! This is a great program and I am a little over halfway done.