Having problems with Penn Foster?

+1 800 471 3232 (Customer Service)
+1 888 427 1000 (Student Care)
+1 800 275 4410 (Penn Foster Career School)
+1 888 427 6200 (Penn Foster High School)
+1 570 961 4033 (Career School, International)
+1 480 947 3994 (Penn Foster College, International)
+1 480 947 6644 (Head Office)
14300 N. Northsight Blvd, Suite 125
Scottsdale, Arizona
Penn Foster Career School & Penn Foster High School
Student Services Center, 925 Oak Street, Scranton, PA 18515 USA

Outside the USA, Penn Foster Career School & Penn Foster College
Student Care Center, P.O. Box 1900, Scranton, PA 18501 USA

Complaints & Reviews

Penn Foster High School Course — charged $ & put bad credit report after only 1 wk of enrollment

My daughter Angela Hinojosa joined and payed down payment on Penn Foster High School program. She decided she...

Penn Foster Career School — scam/fraud/abuse

Anonymous writer: To all the public be aware! Do not enroll at Penn Foster school they will scam your money...

Penn Foster — forced to buy books

My son was enrolled in Job Corps program finishing High School credits, this program helps youth who want and...

Penn Fosterwrongly accused of account

I have never had an account with Penn Foster. My son and I have the same names but his includes II. For some reason NOBODY includes the II on his name. He enrolled in this school but because THEY DO NOT have a Social Security Number on File THEY WILL NOT take HIS bill off of MY credit report. Apparently they want their money and will do whatever it takes to get it even if an INNOCENT person has to pay. I WILL NEVER USE THIS SCHOOL NOR WILL I RECOMMEND IT FOR ANYBODY ELSE. Please fix this problem ASAP~!~

Penn Fosterno shipments recieved

i have done payed thses people three months payments of $48.00 an i have not recieved any shipment from them for my daughters schooling now i would like to have all my money returned to me because if im going to have pay for the schooling i want the shipments of book an not have my daughter do it online without the books a fail because she didnt have the books so please se if you can get my money back

my email is [protected]@yahoo.com please let me kow what is going on please

• Sl
        SLJ716 Jul 11, 2013

I've had the same problem. I've been enrolled since May, have gotten through 2 courses and I'm just now getting my books. The thing is they sent me books for the courses I already finished, so now the books are pretty much useless. And honestly, your daughter isn't missing anything. The books are EXACTLY like the study units online. Word for word. The only thing I like is it's easier to do the Self Check with the book. I had to call Penn Foster to get my books.

Russell Day Penn Foster Chairman — abuse!!!

Penn foster school a big scam!!! Do not attend!!! Russell day education chairman is a bad director and also...

Penn Foster — wrongfully accused!

This complaint is in regards to Penn Foster a so called good school! However, their director of education...

Penn Foster — wrongful charge

My daughter called Penn Foster and got information on classes back in 2002. A collections company started...

Penn Foster — info

In 2006 i ask for info about some classes that i thought i might had been interested in enrolling in and i...

Penn Foster/high School Transcripttranscript

In 1994 when Penn Foster was under another name I graduated high school from the previous company. Then a few years ago I signed up for some career courses and decided not to pursue any further with the studies so a few years ago when I asked for my transcripts they didn't want to give or send me any copies of my transcript because I didn't finish the studies a few years ago. That should not have anything to do with when I graduated high school from years ago

• Penn Foster Feb 09, 2012

I am sorry you had trouble getting a copy your transcript. Can you please contact us at [protected]@gmail.com so we can investigate this situation? It is not Penn Foster policy to keep our graduates from future successes.

• Pe
          pennfostersteve Feb 09, 2012

Hi JC77, I am definitely sorry about this. My name is Steve, and I work for Penn Foster and had to check on this as I think somebody gave you the wrong information. I checked on it and was told If your high school program was paid up, and you successfully completed it, you would be eligible to receive your high school transcript for $10.00. However you would not be eligible for any transcripts that are not complete or that you own money on. I am very sorry (on behalf of the school) for the incorrect info. Email me steve.weber(AT)pennfoster(DOT)edu your full name and student id number I can point you in the right direction on how to get your high school transcript. (Please replace the symbols in my email address by the way)

Penn Fosterterrible customer service

I absolutely never write reviews, but I feel I need to after my experience with the "Enrollment Advisor" at Penn Foster. In calling the school, which they suggest you do by putting the "Call an Enrollment Advisor, " button on their website, I learned just how rude people can actually be.

The woman that I spoke with was short, mean, uninformed and refused to give me information. When I specifically asked questions about Career Services, which she brought up, she said she could not tell me. She continually directed me to the website, and then would angrily sigh each time I asked a follow-up question.

Here's a tip to Penn Foster, if you hire someone who is suppose to work in Customer Service, try to get someone who is both knowledable and able to fake some service for a 5 minute call. If this woman is a representation of the school, I will take my money to Ashworth, Phoenix or somewhere else. Unfortunate.

• Ca
            CareerChanger Oct 11, 2011

I agree. The academic adviser had a very patronizing attitude when I called to ask him a simple question about the clinical training item in the Occupational Therapist Assistant course. He was more interested in the payment plan than answering the question. The problem is that Penn Foster is supposed to offer career oriented courses, but beware: it is useless unless you get some hands-on training. They don't do anything to help you get clinical practice. You will still need to sit for an exam and get certified to practice in your state of residence. So, I don't know...what good is a diploma from Penn Foster?

• Pf
            PF employee Dec 07, 2011

They dont have an assistant course, it's an aid and it useless. But yes, the enrollment advisors are that way for a reason. I am one. We are trained to be like that. We get Qc'd on Every Call and need to go for the sale and answer as few questions as possible. Over 100 advisors get hired every year and on avg. 95 of them are fired within the year, then they hire again and fire again ect. The people you talk to have only been there usually a couple months and need to make these sales. Stay away. Please let other people know as well

• Penn Foster Feb 13, 2012

Regarding your experience with one of our Enrollment Advisors, please accept our sincere apology for this Advisors lack of professionalism. You deserve nothing less than an exceptional experience every time you interact with any representative of Penn Foster. To that end, we want to know what we can do to make things right for you and earn the privilege of becoming a partner in your success. Please contact me at erin.[protected]@pennfoster.edu. One of our Student Services Managers will personally look into your concerns and provide you the information/guidance you were seeking when you first reached out to us for assistance.

Best Regards,

Penn Foster Student Services

• Ki
            Kim813 Feb 17, 2012

Does anyone knows if the high school diploma program if the certificate is fake?? i just completed the course but they want me to pay 250 dollars but I want to make sure is not fake

Penn Fosteraccounting/billing problem

I attended penn foster over 9 years ago and cancelled my enrollment and sent their stuff back to them and they are still on my back about it.
          The statute of limitation ran out on the fair credit reporting act 2 years ago and it should have been removed from my credit report but, these scam artists at penn foster somehow are now claiming that i enrolled this year when ive had nothing to do with them since i cancelled over 9 years ago.
          The fact of the matter they are out to ruin peoples credit even if they pay what is in the writing.
          I have all the proof and will be in contact with my lawyer and the proper government agencies about this and with any luck a class action will follow.
          I would report them through the BBB but, From what i read the BBB and Penn Foster are in the same bed so to speak and will just close the case instead of investigating the issue.

• Ho
              Honest 1 for sure Jun 13, 2012

Yeah so far I have only been in the course for two weeks and already have billed for the course as being late, and my first payment isn't due until next month. When I called them, they were rude and unwilling to resolve the dispute.

• Penn Foster Sep 11, 2012

Hello,

I apologize for any inconvenience you might have had, and I believe this can be sorted out. Can you e-mail me at adam.[protected]@pennfoster.edu with your Student ID so we can get any issues straightened out?

Thank you, and once I again, I do apologize.

• Du
              durant9999 Dec 10, 2012

Penn Foster did the same thing to me. It has been eight years since I took their course. They never billed me for $80 then they reported me to collection agency and said I owed $800, not the $80 that I had already paid when they called me. Now 8 yrs later it is still haunting me. They reported it as a recent problem when it was almost 9 yrs ago. Count me in for the class action. i was just recently denied a refinance because of this and almost did not qualify for a car loan and had to take an 11 % loan for it.
              James Hinckley
              [protected]@yahoo.com

Penn Foster — access to courses

About three weeks ago I paid off my daughter program at Penn Foster. I was late with payments so they denied...

Penn Foster Career Schoolscam giant!

To begin I would like to say this. this is a negative "review" also known as a complaint:) If you even act like you're thinking of doing this school don't.

They only accept credit cards which should pop out and say "scam" automatically. If you don't do it they will call you everyday, this is their "guarantee" if you will.

They will use a phone number machine to make it look like someones calling from your area code which is EXACTLY what they did to me. they will run up your credit card bill and take you to court. their employees will post sweet and positive reviews of their school so you'll feel more comfortable about applying. how deceptive and what a pathetic attempt at robbing you blind.

simple: DON'T DO IT.

• Du
                dudeyo Jun 05, 2011

How do you explain their A+ rating with the bbb then? Surely people would have filed a report with them.

Penn Fostermoney

I paid alot of money for the cerfication in Child Pyschology to them and because I maintain a 70 average they said I failed the course, I asked if I could do it over again then said no I ask for a refund because I paid in full they told me they dont do that I told them this was a rip off and I would be contacting my lawyer and they just laughed and said go a head it wont do any good we do this all the time.

• Penn Foster Sep 11, 2012

Hello,

I apologize for any inconveniences, but I believe this can be sorted out. Can you e-mail me at adam.[protected]@pennfoster.edu with your student number so I can see what the discrepancy is?

I can tell you that our programs are certainly not bogus, and you can view our accreditation here: http://www.pennfoster.edu/accreditation.html

Thank you, and once again, I apologize for any issues that have come up.

Penn Foster College — lied and cheated me of transfer credits

Penn Foster College is a big scam. Connie Dempsey is a tramp who knows nothing about directing education. The...

Penn Foster Career Schooltheir credit copamy keeps calling

I have never taken a Penn Foster course although I did ask for info only some time ago. Now I am getting two calls a day from USCB of Scranton Pa which is their collection company. The bad part is that they are always asking for someone that is not now or ever been in my house nor do I know them, I have indicated several times that I do not or ever have know this individual and to quit calling but I still get the phones calls once or twice a day.How do I get them to quit bugging me. I have reported themn to the Florida Department of Consumer Affirs.

Penn Foster Vet Tech Program — scam

I am finished with all the classes in the Veterinary Technician Program. I only have a final clinical left to...

Penn Foster Career Schooltakes peoples hard earned money and does nothing

This seemed like the perfect online schooling for quick education. However, a amall glitch in my payment due to the bank rejecting their automatic withdrawl system and I saw the true Penn Foster. Instead of allowing me to correct the problem and submit a new method of payment, they witheld all of my learning materials, books, suspended my login on the site & charged me $20 late fee within 2 weeks! I am a busy Mother and had no idea the payment didn't go through until my bank sent me a notice in the mail. Penn Foster sent 1 email stating they received my payment and a 2nd email after I had been charged the extra $20 saying that they didn't actually receive my payment. The head supervisor woman who runs the school didn't care and offered no aplogy for the drastic action taken by the school. It has been another week now and I STILL have not received my materials and the additional $20 fee never got removed, the supervisor refused to do this simple thing. You're better off using a regular school that offers online courses and you can receive transferable credits. I read from previos students that Penn Foster's credits only transfer in PA!!

Penn Foster Career School — tuition payment

Started out ok...thought their study materials were a little under par...not textbooks mind you...but their...