PC Richard & Son / never buy anything at p c richard & son. their extended warranty is worth nothing.

St Review updated:

I bought a Bosch gas dryer from P C Richard & Son, with an additional 5 years warranty. The dryer broke after being in use for two months. I had a technician from Bosch, and from P C Richard & Son come and examine the dryer. They said it is not reparable. I contacted P C Richard & Son, and asked for either a full refund, or exchange. The store offered me a partial refund, only for $350 (I paid a total of $801). PC Richard would allow me only to re-select a dryer at their store. I have been on the phone with P C Richard & Son central office [protected]), for six business days (from December 19 through December 29, 2011). They have the worst customer service ever. If I accepted their partial refund, I would lose $451. They do not want to exchange the gas dryer either. Never buy anything at P C Richard & Son. Their extended warranty is worth nothing.

Comments

• Ke
      Aug 22, 2012

I bought a display model Bosch gas dryer from P C Richard & Son, with an additional 4 years warranty. The dryer broke after being in use for two months. I had a technician from Bosch, and from PC Richard come and examine the dryer. They said it is not reparable. I contacted PC Richard, and asked for either a full refund, or exchange. The store offered me a partial refund, only for $350 (I paid a total of $801). PC Richard would allow me only to re-select a dryer at their store. I have been on the phone with P C Richard & Son central office [protected]), for six business days They have the worst customer service ever. If I accepted their partial refund, I would lose $451. They do not want to exchange the gas dryer either. Never buy anything at P C Richard & Son. Their extended warranty is worth nothing.

• Th
      Nov 24, 2012

You have legal rights under express and implied warranty laws. 2 months use has ZERO to do with the "4 years extra warranty." Bosch is obligated to do a warranty replacement. They actually credit PC Richard for this. Contact th NJ Dept of Consumer Affairs.