PC Richard & Son

Thu:9:00 am - 9:00 pm
Fri:9:00 am - 9:00 pm
Sat:9:00 am - 9:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

PC Richard & Sonshame on you richard you are not reliable and you just lost a real good customer...

Pc richards is a place where i've shopped for many things.. The salesman ola yusuf was unhelpfull... The service dept on the other hand is the worst... Dont buy extended service contracts from them... First they sell you a contract for lets say 3 years and the appliance you buy has a year warranty on it already.. So they beat you for a year off the bat... Then you call them for service, that took them over a month to try and fix my dishwasher and you get no service at all!!! Honesty.. Integrity.. Reliabilty.. [yeah right]

I for one will never shop at pc richards ever again... Cost me twice to install the dishwasher I bought from them.. And they could care less shame on you richard you are not reliable and you just lost a real good customer... K sturm... One very pissed off customer...

1 Response
    • P.C. Richard & Son has stood behind everything we sell for over 101 years. You are obviously having trouble but we want to help. Please email me personally. I am sure we can do something to rectify the situation to your satisfaction.
      [email protected]

PC Richard & Soncard declined after I thought all was right&. customer service could care less|.

I opened a new account with PC Richards 11/10". Made a purchase and later received my card in the mail". On 2/5/11 i activated my credit card and was advised that my account was past due.. A bill was sent to me with no apt # and returned'. After sorting everything and making a payment online I wanted to make a purchase the next day/. Went to the store picked a tv from Joe Botros Jr.8246, and was ready to leave:. Card declined after I thought all was right". Customer service could care less|. Went to bestbuy and spent $1000 on a tv

Respond

PC Richard & Sonmy advise... if you do buy something from this store, do not let anyone in your house.

I still can not believe how awful my experience with PC Richards has been. I purchased 4 appliances and each one was installed improperly. While installing the refrigerator, the installer peirced the pipe without turning the water off and flooded my basement. He also had the nerve to yell at me to bring him buckets and towels (and of course again, when I did not bring enough towels because 6 beach towels couldn't mop up the mess). When removing my old dishwasher, there was a huge flash of electricity and then the new dishwasher was not set back all the way under the counter. The installer also did not feel the need to cover the electrical panel with the manufacturer provided cover, leaving wires hanging below the appliance. The oven was damaged and after about 20 minutes of them trying to figure out why it didn't work... realized it wasn't plugged in! The last thing you should all know, is that while installing an over the range microwave, the technician screwed a sheet rock screw into the wall to hold the mounting bracket. Not only is this the wrong screw for the installation, he missed the stud and put the screw right into the electrical wire. The microwave was not fully set into the bracket. This coupled with the sheet rock screws pretty much guarenteed this microwave would fall in the future. Of course I would never have the opportunity to see this happen because when the technician tried to plug in the appliance there was a huge flash of electricity. Then the technicial tried to convince me that the reputable electrician I had in the prior week to do the wiring for the microwave, did not do it properly. They then tried plugging it in again and the microwave worked. However, now I no longer had electricity in the upstairs of my home. When the technician first plugged the appliance in, the tip of the screw in the wire blew off, and left the interior of the wall charred black. It worked the second time because the tip was no longer connected to the wire. It took about 6 hours of calling the store to have them admit I needed an electrican and not the same "expert installers who do it right the first time" back to the house. The electrician had to cut a 2 foot by 1 foot hole in my wall where the charred remains were uncovered. He mentioned that if the technician was touching the microwave at the time, he would surely be dead.

Because my house was so destroyed by PC Richards expert install, I had to cancel my son's 10 birthday party. It has been six days and I still spend hours on the phone with them trying to make this right. The water is finally cleaned up... thanks to me, but the microwave still sits on my kitchen floor, there is a huge hole in my kitchen wall, and the oven is still damaged". I want my money back'. I want them to take their crap away:. I want my kitchen back the way it was before they showed up?. They claim 100% customer satisfaction.. They keep telling me they want to make it right;. The only thing I have been offered is a refund for the delivery'.

Like that makes up for it..

My advise... if you do buy something from this store, do not let anyone in your house.

2 Responses
        • P.C. Richard & Son stands behind everything we sell and install. If you are having trouble I want to help. Please email me personally. I am sure we can do something to rectify the situation to your satisfaction

• Jk
          JKDE Jul 16, 2011

Were the installers named Moe, Larry and Curly?

ADVERTISIMENT

PC Richard & Sonpc richards, very bad company. I also called the corporate office in ny and they were not helpful.

Do not buy appliances from PC Richards, I spent a lot of money buying five appliances, they told me to pick it up the next week, when I when to do it they said they did not have it on stuck. Later, after only two uses, the dryer broke I needed service, had to wait one week, the next Saturday I was the last one. They have communications problems, people lie, they blame each other, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM PC RICHARDS, VERY BAD COMPANY. I also called the corporate office in NY and they were not helpful, they just do not care for the customer .

Respond

PC Richard & Son — how is it they don't go out of business?

pc richards *** PC Richards Complaint You were reading a complaint about PC Richards. Filing a new...

PC Richard & Sonmiss before a product is delivered? something is dreadfully wrong with them.

PC Richards has worst service I've ever experienced. Store phone service defers to promising manager phone back; they never phone back. Told my salesperson is on vacation. Told manager is on vacation. Took day off of work for promised delivery;. After waiting and phoning, I was told that told product was out of stock!. Next delivery appointment: Insurance papers not filed'. I had phoned store repeatedly telling them to send papers/. Spent a morning getting papers for third delivery?. Took another day off of work?. PC Richards failed to show for their third scheduled appointment|. How many days of work do they expect me to miss before a product is delivered? Something is dreadfully wrong with them.

1 Response
            • P.C. Richard & Son has stood behind everything we sell for over 101 years. I realize you are having trouble and sincerely apologize. Please allow me to help! Email me personally. I am sure we can do something to rectify the situation to your satisfaction.

PC Richard & Sonpc richards needs new service reps

I bought a fridge in 2004 with 10 yr warranty. Third time the defrost mechanism has malfunctioned, resulting in the fridge becoming warm and the freezer extra cold?. Electronic part had to be replaced.. Today's service rep, Gabriel, was so unfriendly from the start, no eye contact, barely mumbled hello, etc.. Took freezer apart then said I will need to replace the electronic part which will cost a lot of $$$?. Didn't believe it had been replaced in the past or that it was still under warranty/. I had to prove it, then he ordered the part.. Asked why this keeps happening, said just be happy it works when we replace the part?. Gee, thanks. 422556

1 Response
              • We agree, there is no excuse for being rude. This technician has been spoken to about fulfilling the company policy and culture of "taking care of the customer".

Regarding the refrigerator, while we do not make them, we stand behind them with our extended service protection. The repairs were completed at no further cost to you and in the event the refrigerator ever becomes unrepairable, it will be replaced.

PC Richard & Sonwhat kind oid training does pc richards give their employees???

As I walked into the paramus store to purchase a dishwasher ii was bombarded with salespeople ola who wanted to help me. I went with one who took me to the dishwasher dept and he proceded to show me the displays. I chose one and he gave me the price plus delivery charge plus extended warranty charge. I told him I did not need to have it delivered nor do I want the extended warranty. He said he would be right back and never returned. I waited and waited so I finally got another salesperson manny who did the same thing. He never returned when I did not want to buy the extended warranty ffinally I got a third salesperson whose name was luis. We went throiugh the same thing.

I asked what kind of warranty comes with the dishwasher and he said 12 months, I said I would take it. He said he would be right back and this time he did, but with a manager who proceeded to bombard me with all the wonderful details of the extended warranty. I told him under no circumstances did I want it. He did not let up. He continued to harrass me until I told him either you stop talking or I walk. I would be typing all night if I told you the entire story. I felt embarrassed belittled, and preyed upon. By the way, the warranty that comes with the didhwasher is 1 year. Luis outright lied to me to get me to buy the extended warranty. What kind oid training does pc richards give their employees???

5 Responses
                • Ka
                  Kathy901 Jun 11, 2014

Bought my daughter a laptop for xmas 2 years ago. She had it for a month and it started acting funny brought it back to the store, rude people there sent it out, but not without complaining. Got it back 3 weeks later!!! She had it for another 3 months and again started acting up, went blank, turned off and wouldn't come back on. Called and brought it in AGAIN! So another 3 weeks went by, got it back and then 2 months later same thing. They said each time they fixed the fan and the HD. I call BS!! So finally got a refund credit to buy a comparable model, DID THAT in Oct 2013. Not even 1 month it was back in acting up doing the same crap as last laptop!! Not only that but the microwave we got from them 6 months before burnt out and had to be replaced!
                  Anyway got laptop back, SAME THINGS FIXED yet AGAIN! Now 4 months later and lots of bs attitudes from P C Richard and Son in Paramus NJ people, it's back in and getting yet another credit to get another laptop. But the manager says "it's the user not the store or laptop." I am not stupid I know how to use a computer as well as my daughter who is 15 and knows more than the techs they have working on them. I will NEVER buy ANYTHING from P C Richard and Son in Paramus NJ again. They refuse to just give me my money back so I can go somewhere that has good products. I believe all of their products to be refurbs because they are always breaking.

• Ka
                  Kathy113 May 28, 2014

Was told I would have my microwave delivered and installed between 10am and 2pm. By 10am, I called and asked if they could give me a better time of delivery. I was told they would deliver by 2 pm. At 1:30pm I got a phone call from the driver to tell me he would arrive in an hour. Two o'clock came and went. After another phone call to the store, I was told I would have my delivery by 6pm. At 6pm, I called the store again and they were shocked I didn't get my delivery. After waiting from 7am to 6pm, I cancelled the delivery and rescheduled for next Saturday. Finally, I left my house at 6:20pm. The drive called the house and told my son he would deliver the microwave in one hour. My husband and I arrived back home at 9pm. And went to bed at 10:30pm. At 10:40pm we received another call from the driver and said he was on his way to deliver and install the microwave! What kind of customer service is this?

Mary6032 Dec 19, 2013

I purchased all four kitchen appliances in a bundle purchase in 2013. I refused extended warranty at that time. They recently began calling me every day on my cell phone (I did not give them the number). My experience in 2013 with delivery and installation was so bad that I had already decided that I would never make another purchase from P C Richard & Son in Paramus NJ. I just want them to stop calling.

• Th
                  TheWayItIs May 30, 2011

PC Richards has always operated old school style as if the internet never existed. Customers are routinely bombarded with the extended warranty nonsense as there is tremendous pressure on the managers to meet daily and monthly goals.

PC Richard and Son May 11, 2011

Rest assured that we do not train our salespeople to act in such a manner. Their actions will be reported to their store manager and he will address the issues with them. If the customer that posted this complaint see this reply, I request that they call me directly at [protected] and I will make things right.

PC Richard & Son — do not buy anything from pc richards bait, switch, delay

Pc richards complaint Went to pcr to buy a sony led lcd (Kdl55nx810). Good price and they told me they had a...

PC Richard & Sonthis was a form of bait and switch

On president day they had a sale on a Maytag washer and dryer, for less than half price. We went there, purchased them and set a delivery date. The day before delivery, we called and found out they didn't have those machines and would be unable to get them.

They were willing to substitute another machine, a "better" machine, but it wouldn't come in for another three weeks. After much discussion, they finally agreed to sell us the floor models at a reduced price.Charlie ok the prices. I feel that if they didn't have the merchandise in the first place, they shouldn't have put them on sale. This was a form of bait and switch. They had no intention of selling the merchandise they had advertised, it wasn't available.

• Li
                    Linda Mccabe Jun 25, 2021

Went there to buy an in wall air condotioner. I have a bay house that is tiny 600 sq. ft. They told me I needed a 21 thousand btu unit. They said they multiply the footage by 35. That unit would freeze us to death. Even on the boxes it said we needed a 12 thousand unit.
                    The sales man was nasty, I guess he figured I was a woman and wouldnt know the difference. Ended up with a 14 thousand BTU which I guess will be fine with a little overkill. I will never shop there again.
                    This was a store that was always my first choice.

PC Richard & Son Jul 01, 2021

@Linda Mccabe Hello Linda,

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Please send us an email to [email protected] with the invoice number of the purchase and your contact information, so we can look into this further.

PC Richards & Son6 weeks, no microwave fixed yet!!

Called PC to repair Microwave that died after 16 months on a 5 year warranty. Took 3 days for a technician to visit and try to run the microwave for minute and a half and see it is not working. Said he has to order parts.it is now going on the 40th day that they have not come and repaired the micro. After calling and asking to speak to a supervisor Craig Ruppert, the rep comes back and says that if I dont want to wait any more for service (they just botched an appointment time), I can get a credit for a replacement but would lose the other 44 months of my warranty!!! Really, are you kidding me? Imagine a car dealer saying, oh sorry your new engine isnt working, well fix it for you but after that your on your own, sorry about the other 4 years of yourwarranty?!!! Am I insane, or are they? 2 things I have learned from this experience as I am waiting 4 hours for a return phone call. 1) I will never buy an LG again, and 2) PC Richard and their warranty can get on their knees and kiss my cold dinner leftovers. If anyone can recommend a good service appliance store, please do so, this is a joke.

• Updated by Jeff56 · Feb 15, 2011

I dropped off my laptop to pc richards in the bronx in may of 2010. At first, they tried to tell me that I have no warranty on the laptop. I had to explain to them that I purchased two laptops and that the other, my cousin returned and got a credit and this is mines. They took my laptop, two weeks later I got an email that the laptop was ready. I went to pick up the laptop and they told me I had to show proof that I purchase two laptop, it took two days and they investigated and realize I was telling the truth. They told me they would get the laptop out to me. Three days ago, I follow up they told me I have a credit. Yesterday I called the store Manaager Craig Ruppert. they said the laptop is there. Today I went in, they said I have a credit and the laptop is there, but can't get it because they place it under some else name, my cousin and they will not release the laptop until she comes in. Due to their lack of negligence, I was unable to complete my term paper for school and finish my manuscript which was due the first week of July. The store have embarrassed me making me out to look like a liar and a thief.

3 Responses
                    • Si
                      sir12volt Jul 11, 2011

I can tell you I had to wait 10 days for Sears to come to my house to repair a dishwasher. It was repaired on that same visit but I know PC is typically there in 2-3 days. PC has some of the quickest response times on service but when you buy an LG appliance you are buying from a company that has not been in the appliance business as long as say a GE. Both products are made typically in Malaysia but GE keeps a heck of a lot more parts stateside then LG ever will. Yes, PC warrany is fix or replace and if they replace that appliance with a new one the warranty is then satisfied. I think that is fare. If you spoke to Craig you certainly called the store instead of calling the service department!!! I don't work for PC but can tell you their warranties are one of the best values in the business. About 50% lower price than Sears with better service. No one in their right mind sells a 10 year warranty besides PC!!!

P.C. Richard & Son Feb 15, 2011

I don't know who you spoke to but Craig Ruppert is a retail manager and not in the service department. However, that said, I agree 40 days to wait for a part is way to long. Since I do not have your information, and do not seen any open LG Microwave open part orders that old, I must ask that you call us at [protected] and ask for Rick. I would love the opportunity to resolve the issue to your satisfaction. I assure you, the warranty was money well spent and we will be happy to prove it.
                      P.C. Richard & Son Service Department

• To
                      Tom978 Feb 15, 2011

My fiance and I absolutely DID NOT pick up this merchandise, so we asked for them to check again, to which they told us that the two TVs had definitely been picked up on August 2nd around 5pm. Needless to say we were outraged and demanded how this could have been allowed to happen considering the merchandise shouldn't be given to anyone except me, the purchaser, because my name is on the receipt and on the credit card used to make the purchase. Why didn't PC RICHARD ask this mystery person for proper identification? How could the mystery person have possibly known to pick up 2 TVs unless they had knowledge of my purchase? PC Richard's answer to those questions was that whoever picked it up had provided a receipt showing proof of purchase of the merchandise. However, I had in my possession the original receipt time stamped on 7/4/10 @ 2:30 (the original date of purchase). Jason, the store manager, specifically asked me if I knew of anyone who could have possibly had access to a copy of the invoice to which I answered Yes because my ex bf of 3 years, Jason, works for PC RICHARD & SON at the Raritan location. Richard Allen is the only person I know of who could easily access the PC RICHARD computers, look up purchases, make changes to orders, as well as, print out receipts.