PC Richard & Son / won't give me a refund for the damaged laptop they sold me
I purchased laptop for my daughter for Christmas. Mousepad did'nt work. Searched online for possible solution to problem. Spent a great deal of time researching issue and found multiple posts indicating this was known problem with this particular mousepad and that it couldn't be fixed. Brought it to the PC Richard store in Edison and told them about problem. They said they would send it out for service to determine if it could be fixed. I explained this was a brand new laptop out of the box and my daughter needed right away. Manager told me it would only take 7-10 days to get it back and if they couldn't fix it, I could get another one. I said since this is a known issue, I don't want the same one. This was the only laptop that had the specifications I was looking for at a price I could afford. The front desk clerk told me that it would be 10-17 days and the manager was wrong. I waited a couple of weeks and when I didn't hear from them, I called the store. They said that it was still not back. Since that time, I called every few days to check status; still not back yet. Finally, when it was almost a month they had the laptop out for service, I contacted the PC Richard Service Department. They said they couldn't get parts and they would offer a credit. They told me to go to the store and all the information would be in the computer. When I contacted the store, they said the information was not in the computer. After several calls and a very long wait, I spoke to the clerk and she said that a refund was authorized, that it's noted in the computer and that I should come to the store. I mentioned that I would be in by the weekend. When I went to the store, after waiting for them to find the information in the computer for almost an hour, the manager indicated that he would not give me a refund. He would only give store credit towards another laptop or another item in the store. I looked at the other laptops they had available and there was one other one that might suit our needs; however, it would come to $185 more than my credit. I asked if we could receive a discount in light of the trouble we'd gone through and they said, "NO." I told them then that I really want a refund because there's nothing else there I need to buy and I really need to get my daughter a laptop. They flat-out refused. I'm so upset that so much time has elapsed. and that I couldn't receive a refund for a product that they sold to me that was broken out of the box.
More PC Richard & Son Complaints & Reviews
- PC Richard & Son - everybody knows extended warranties are a scam. here's more proof: 
- P. C. Richard & Son - the worst customer service 
- P. C. Richard & Son - sold me defective hdtv as new 
- Ge Money - PC Richard Credit Card - unfair finance charges
- PC Richard & Son - p c richard & son would not price match an item I bought from them. they stated that the price match item was for 'black friday'
- PC Richard & Son - service request for my 2 yr old refrigerator
- PC Richard & Son - service department
- PC Richard & Son - ductless air conditioning unit installer
- PC Richard & Son - whirlpool washing machine
- PC Richard & Son - samsung refrigerator