Paypal / holding funds

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I have filed this under Ebay Scams because i believe ebay is behind all this. So i have not used paypal or ebay for over a year. I need some cash so i sell some items and they are bid and paid for my the winners. Then my money if frozen. Paypal says it is because of poor ratings/feedback, however i have %100 positive feedback, never a bad one... ever! Then they say it is a high risk item. Then three more items get on hold. The items have been delivered and still it is on "hold". I believe that due to Ebay and paypals monopoly they are hold my cash and making interest on it at my expense. This is not their money to touch. I have done nothing wrong. When you and ask to speak to a manager they either say no or put you on hold for 45min!!! then disconnect you. If i ever get my (now over $500) cash back i will never go to that site again. I know others have experienced it and i would sure like to start a law suit. It is the principle that gets me... its not their money to hold for trumped up reasons.

Comments

Co
  14th of Oct, 2009

I once sold an item on ebay and used paypal to accept the payment, which happened to be only $30.00. Paypal put the money on hold until I shipped the item, the buyer received it, and the buyer gave me positive feedback. At that time and now, I have 100% positive feedback and have been rated several times as a 5-star "ebayer." Thankfully the buyer actually left me positive feedback after contacting him/her, but paypal decided to charge me a fee of $1.17, even though I have never had any bad reports against me. It's a good thing I was planning on paying the shipping by check or cash instead of printing the shipping label off of paypal, which I never plan on doing because I don't trust them enough to trust what they want someone to print. I think that all of the angry (mad, unhappy, dissatisfied, etc.) people that have done business with ebay and/or paypal should get in contact with each other and do something about this outrage. As many others have said, ebay AND paypal need to be regulated and audited. I am sure that Ebay and Paypal make most of their money through theft and scams, then continue to charge us fees for everything they possibly can think of.

Ma
  17th of Jan, 2012

PayPal has been with-holding my funds even though the USPS tracking # clearly indicates the item has been delivered. The Purchaser even e mailed them and indicated he has received the package. Despite numerous calls and e mails, all I get back from PayPal are form responses. Is there anyway to sue these crooks??
j19t47@hotmail.com

Ma
  17th of Jan, 2012

PayPal has with held my funds even though the Receipiant has told them he has received the purchased item. PayPal never responds to e mails or phone calls,