Passport Office - Pune / Very bad management

1 India Review updated:

There is really very bad management at the Pune Passport office.

I wanted to share my bad experience I had recently at the Pune Passport office.

I had filled the application form online for reissue of passport of my Father in law. I got an appointment at 12.30 pm on 13th aug 07. I went there at 12.00 pm and saw that there was a very long queue even for people who got appointment after online application. It was a very long (around 50 people ahead of me).

I wanted to meet the Passport officer in charge but the security guard did not allow me as he was busy. So, i waited in the queue. At around 3.00 pm i got to meet the passport officer (Shri Suresh Kumar Menon). I told him that i had got the appointment at 12.30 pm and i am waiting in queue since last 2 and half hours. He said that we have problems of less man power, etc and we will try to improve the service. I had taken off some time from my office hours and had come to apply for passport.

Now, when my number came at around 3.45 pm , I gave all the documents and the online application form printout. I also had the authority letter for my Father in Law.

But, the person at the counter told me that my Father in Law will himself have to come for applying. But I told him that i had authority letter. But he told that dont u understand I told u na it is not acceptable and I cannot repeat since I have no patience. He said that authority letter is not allowed for online Application. I said that this was not given in online Instructions. But he said no. So, I said Ok ( i had no other option) and I left the counter. I went to meet passport officer again to get more clarification on this. But, the security guard did not allow me. So, I left the passport office and went to office with a lot frustration.

Next day, I had no option but to go to an agent and make that passport application.

This is how the system at Pune passport office is. I for the first time have approached an agent in life.

Aj

More Passport Office - Pune Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ku
      1st of Sep, 2008

Read Q4 of the FAQs on http://passport.gov.in/pune.htm
    It says that the applicant has to come personally

• Su

SUBMMISION CETNER : SOLAPUR
    DESPACTH CENTER PUNE OFFICER

my Passport Application Pending From Your office

I am Persnal contact to Mr.Sayyed Sir ( Pune Passport OFfice) he said

the passport will pending for (POLICE REPORT INCOMPLETED SO CASE IS EXIMND)

& he said ( Police Report inside PHOTO not Attasted) & forrowed Passport Application TO SOLAPUR POLICE COMMISSIONER OFFICE

FOR report is completed in last month means march-2009.

THE POLICE ENQ.OFFICER SAID THE ENQ.IS 100% COMPLTED (NO ANY QURY ) ( BIJAPUR NAKA POLICE STATION SOLAPUR )

MR.SHINDE SIR ( HEAD OF POLICE ENQ.OFFICER.) ( OUT.NO.607 26/02/2009 )

but till date the passport application status is same so any qury regarding my passport application so plz contact.

MY PASSPORT IS VERY URGENT

• Pa
      2nd of May, 2009

Please mail me about my file no p 005421, which was submited on 10th Feb. 2009 will all formalities.

• Pa

Verification Has Been Done On Nov 2010. Sir I Wanted To Know Why My
    Passport Had Not Been Received Still? As I Tried Many Times On Flowing
    concacts
    25675422, 21, 25679962, 25675419
    But I Haven't Got Any Feedback.
    I Request U To Reply For This Mail About My Passport Status.
    Waiting For Your Relpy