Passport Office - Ghaziabad / Passport not received!

1 India Review updated:

I had submitted my mother's passport on her behalf on 25-04-07. Her File number is B002796-07. The police verification was done and cleared. I kept checking on the web site for any updated. For past two weeks, the message broadcasted on the passport office web site is:

"It is to regret that due to unavoidable circumstances the dispatch of Passport has been delayed and will now be dispatched in a week's time ". We are still waiting for that week. My mother needs to travel on an urgent basis.

People beware!!!

Comments

• Rk
      19th of Jul, 2007

I am a victim of similar circumstances having applied for three Passports of my family - my wife, my son and my daughter on 21st February, 2007.

Police verification for all the three family members was done way back and passports are ready for dispatch. But unfortunately, every week same excuse is displayed on the website that " due to some unavoidable circumstances these could not be dispatched and will be posted in a week's time"... This speaks volumes and there is no need to emphasize why dispatch is not happening.

I am yet to make use of RTI Act. But will soon exercise this option.

• Kk
      13th of Aug, 2007

My wife has applied for issue of new passport since old passport validity expired.Application along with Rs.1000-00 draft has been submitted at Noida collecting center on13-07-2005. police verification was done indue course of time in a month. I personally visited along my wife twice to PRO and was assured to send the new pass port with in week's time,but till date we are waiting for the arrival of new-pass port from passport office Ghaziabad. We had been living in the same residence since last 18 years from where her last passport was issued from Delhi at that time which was received with ia month 's time. There is hardly any change of status except age. Delay of more than 2 years in issuing new passport in unwarranted. This is simply harassment to general helpless public. I being senior citizen can not afford to fatigues run to Ghaziabad,with hazardous traffic situation on the road.

• As
      20th of Aug, 2007

I am also suffering the similar problem as i have applied for passport on 2nd April 2007 and till now i am waiting for my passport. All inquiries have been done and i have taken my passport no from the office but i didn't receive my passport and nor they are handling it to me and they have written over the board that the applicant can get their passport from the office directly.

I don't know why they people are making hell the passport office and i would say now i have to go by RTI Act so that they have to reply.

The fact which hey don't know is that responsible person has to give reply within 30 days or else the 250 rs /day will be deducted from the responsible person.

• Lo
      29th of Dec, 2007

i have submitted my application since five months back.but still i dont get my passport. i have seeing my status, it flashed:-furnish fresh EAP(1)form with declarations duly sighned.plz send my passport as well as possible.
    passport file no.:--z000949-07
    name:-LOKESH KUMAR
    location:-agra(u.p.)

• Pr
      2nd of Jan, 2008

Dear sir
    I have sumited my application on24/09/07 .
    but i have not recieved my passpot till now.
    my pasport fileno-001098

Passport office ghaziabad
    India
    sandeep_hashia@yahoo.co.in

Sir,

I applied for the Passport vide file number GZB A022081 on Dated 16 April 2009. The most surprising to me that i have not received passport till now despite all the needful verification has done long back.

Please look into this matter & do the needful.

thanking you,

sandeep hashia

• Vi
      11th of Jul, 2011
    Passport office Ghaziabad - Passport not received
    India

Dear sir,
    My passport file no. is upow01012711, At the time of submission of the application, i got it verified at the head post office agra pratap pura, i submitted all the required documents, and when my police verification and liu verification was done i was available at the home and they both are clear so, now why i am asked to furnish address proof? when i called at the no.s which are available at site no one picked the phone..now i have again mailed the scanned copy of my electricity bills copy, ration cards copy, and my pass books copy...
    please consider my request and do the need full help.