Panera Bread / poor customer service

Roanoke, VA, US Review updated:

On 11/20/2017 I attempted to place a rapid order online (a dozen and half for a holiday breakfast at work) for pick up at the Electric Road, Roanoke, VA location. Sadly, I received a message that said this order could not be processed. Therefore, I got up early on 11/21 to ensure enough time to get to the restaurant, place my order, and get to work timely. I arrived at the store approximately 7:00am. My order was placed at 7:07am. I was told that I could pick my order up at the window in back. I expected a little time for the order to be complete as I ordered 18 bagels, sliced and toasted. I patiently waited while several customer came in ordered, picked up their order, and left. I noticed several employees cleaning, walking back and forth and I still didn't have my order. I looked at my watch and 20 minutes had passed. I went back up to the front to inquire, and found that my order had not been sent to the back, so no one was working on it. The manager then informed the back of the house of my order and said it would only take a couple of minutes. Another 10 minutes went by. One of the employees saw me stand up with a look of agitation and went to the manager. I started walking to front to ask for a refund since it was well past the time I was scheduled to be at work. As I was walking to the front, the manager meet me around the corner with my order. The manager apologized, but I expected more than an apology either, the order to be refunded or a complementary meal, discount or something to compensate for my extended wait and late arrival to work.

Be
Nov 22, 2017

Comments

• Po
      Nov 22, 2017

Did you ask for some sort of compensation? An apology is all you're entitled to and if you're looking for more then you have to ask. A refund would only be warranted if you decided not to accept the food.