Panda Express — racial discrimination/bias
Panda Express is an organization that appears not to promote a fair number of non-Asians. In spite of more than 65% of it's hourly non-management employees being non-Asians its proportion of non-Asians in above store level (e.g. District Manager - called ACOs) is very low. I am estimating these numbers and its accuracy is not assured 100% but noted as directional.
Why do I say this?
Look at the numbers(est.)
130 District Managers = 25% non-Asians
30 Regional Directors = 0% non-Asians
7 Zone VPs = 14% non-Asians
I worked in Florida and witnessed our ZVP (non-Asian) unexpectedly resign in July 2010? Our strong, inspiring President resigned last Nov 2009- he was non-Asian. I find it difficult to understand that a company with over 10, 000 employees cannot find more qualified non-Asians to be in leadership positions above the restaurant level. Seems that other chains have been able to do better - why?
Get the picture?
For a company whose mission is to inspire and better the lives of it employees - what type of employee is being bettered? Your call.
More Panda Express Complaints & Reviews
- Panda Express - uncharitable manger 
- Panda Express - rude co-workers / manager 
- Panda Express - family feast scam! 
- Panda Express - unlawful and rude employer 
- Panda Express - discrimination 
- Armark Panda Express - re: wrongful termination, retaliation, rodents issues, poor management, hushing employee complaints, and hindering promotions
- Panda Express - teriyaki chicken
- Panda Express - manager and coworker. 
- Panda Express - product
- Panda Express - placing order