OurTime.com / reporting scammers

1 London, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:

I have been trying to register a complaint about someone posing as a 55 year old woman who is clearly trying to extort money from unsuspecting men. Having responded to my profile in a very complimentary way and both provided and requested personal details, she (he?) pleaded for money to get them out of a sticky situation. This was clearly an attempt at extortion. I was lucky, I found her (him?) out fairly quickly and lost nothing, others may not be so fortunate. How do I get Ourtime to block this person?

Al
Mar 30, 2018

Comments

• Su
      30th of Mar, 2018

These people (scammers) are all over every dating site. The best thing that can be done is to simply educate people about what a common scam this is.

• To
      4th of Jun, 2018

says his name donald Meyer. even sent my mom fake passport when he asked for 13 grand. he got her to email him [protected]@hotmail.com. only has 2 facebook friends. and says he work for maritime engineering. supposedly
    flew to Dubaii for business and came up with the im short of money could i borrow 13k.. BEWARE

• Co
      16th of Dec, 2018

Here's a money scamming guy from Ourtime that also uses the dubai story. I wonder if it's the same person?
    Asked for money after getting into trouble in dubai on a business trip.

Name he uses to scam women: Kenny Singh

Email: [protected]@outlook.com

His pictures stolen from a successsful personal life coach:

Kept coming up with excuses why he couldn't talk on the phone, video chat etc.
    Those are classic catfish and scammer behaviors.

• Te
      23rd of Jan, 2019

I was contacted by a guy who claimed to be Bill Burris. He claimed that he is stationed in Afghanistan and has a 10 year old son who is staying with a caregiver in Brownwood, Tx. He was very complimentary and telling me when he got home in two months we would meet and maybe start a life together. Then he told me that his son emailed him and told him that there was no food in the house and because of the shutdown, he had not been paid. He asked me to send $300.00 to Janice Nance in Brownwood, Tx. I got suspicious and did a phone lookup on the number he has been using and it is a landline in the Fort Worth area of Texas. Looked up the women on facebook, and this guy's profile is not on her friends list and no pictures of a 10 year old. I reached out to the women on facebook and not "Bill" has not contacted me in a day. He was usually very good about contacting me when the times were right for him to be in Afghanistan. I have uploaded pictures he sent me. The pictures look real, just not sure if the guy in the pictures name is Bill Burris.