Otel.comBooking hotel room

Bait-and-Switch. Sometimes it pays to book it yourself. I attempted to book a two-night stay at a five-star Washington, DC hotel. The price offered on the otel.com website was $36 cheaper per night then the hotels best rate (which had to be paid in full, no cancellations at the time of booking). I went through all the steps, including providing credit card number, expiration date and CV2 code and hit "submit". I printed what I thought was a confirmation page from otel.com with cancellation policy on it and then waited to receive an email confirmation message. When none came within 24 hours, I called otel.com and was told though they had "captured" my email address but, I didn't hit the "submit" button, but "no problem" they would book it for me. According to the person on the phone, those low rates "were no longer available, " but she could provide me a rate equal to the lowest rate the hotel was offering. I declined and decided to book through the hotel directly using their reservation line. I went back online to the otel.com website and saw that low rate from the night before WAS still being offered but I was now wary of the otel website. I called the hotel in DC and spoke with an agent at the reservation desk. She looked at the otel.com website and agreed to match their rate. My total ended up being $20 less than I would have paid through the otel website. (Otel.com total price includes a roughly $20 service fee), and I am assured I have a room for two nights, king bed and all the other specifics I asked for.

Comments

•   Sep 17, 2010

Hi the haggler

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to learn that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. This certainly does not reflect the standards and quality of service that we provide. I wonder if you can be good enough to contact me with your www.otel.com booking tracking number so I can look into your complaint

Caroline
    Customer Care Manager
    [protected]@otel.com

• Oh
      Sep 18, 2010

I hate those generic apology letters, why do Managers think that means a hill of beans!!

Jul 11, 2016

I booked a 4 night stay at the Fairmont in Bermuda. When I tried to contact this company via email, website and telephone, the company Otel.com is no where to be found! They are surely a scam. I need to cancel my reservation TODAY and don't know where to turn. I am going to report this company to the local police, FBI and Better Business Bureau. DO NOT BOOK TRAVEL RESERVATIONS WITH THIS COMPANY!!! IT IS A SCAM>