Orchard Bank / credit card hidden fees and poor service

I had an Orchard Bank visa and cancelled it due to its hidden fees and poor service I have been making payments monthly to them and they keep calling even after i told them to stop but they want even more money.

Comments

• Do
      25th of Apr, 2007

STAY AWAY FROM Orchard Bank!!! They will charge you late over draft fees even if you weren't at fault! This company is full of fraud, take good peoples money!

• Er
      13th of Oct, 2007

My name is Eric Strandtman and I am ready to report your bank to the federal board of commerce for fraudulant practices. My Ex Girlfriend Jacqueline Soon Made payment to her credit card bill from MY CONSTRUCTION COMPANY!!! This was don't over the internet WITHOUT my knowledge or consent. I discovered she scheduled payments to be applied EVERY MONTH!! How could she possibility set that up as she has no authorization, and your bank did not even call me to check or inform me of these actions. She (and you) stole from my business account at Bank of Hawaii (account ending with 4426) a total of ,2 withdraws of $117.56, and 3 withdraws of $150.00 totaling more than$780.00!!
    Her account ends with 962505 and the confirmation # given on her statements isQ5CFTNWQJ4D.

I am expecting you to correct this gross mis management error and return my money NOW!! Please inform me on the progress of this correction. How could you even apply for this kind of payment method when she does not have any authorization to even access my accounts. Pissed off ERIC STRANDTMAN.

27th of Oct, 2007

This bank love to charge you fees, late fees, over limited fee, all has hidden restrictions. I had a overlimit by only 9.00, I made a rush payment of 15.00, plus the 15.00 "Rush Payment Fee." Instead of charging me the 30.00 total from the payment source (my checking account), they charged my checking account the 15.00 and the already over limited credit card a 15.00. Then they charged me another overlimit fee of 35.00. THEY DO NOT STATE THAT THE 15.00 FEE IS CHARGED UNDER YOUR CREDIT CARD! Too much headaches, this isn't the first low blow they done. Complaint to the BBB and will close the account soon. This business is located in Hell, I'm sure of it from their practices.

16th of Jan, 2008

An Orchard account was opened in my name without my knowledge while I lived overseas. Orchard has refused to inform the Credit Bureau that I dispute the information that they reported because Orchard says I waited too long to report it and because my mother made a payment on the account (not knowing that I didn't open it and receiving a statement at her house). The problem is that, living overseas, I had no way of knowing about this earlier. Furthermore, the CSRs tried to convince me to KEEP the card and said that I was LYING and that I HAD AUTHORISED the account!! They also told me that other than cancelling the account they could not help me and that further complaints must be sent by post to them. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to get from them WHERE to mail my complaint. They also never sent a letter confirming that the account has been cancelled. Does anyone know the address where I should send my complaints? Also, to which Federal Regulatory board should I send a copy (including the address)? Should I send a letter to the Credit Bureau(s) myself (if so, what is the address)? Thanks for your advice!

• Re
      21st of Jan, 2008

We had a card with these scam artists. They took the fee to activate our card out of our bank without our knowing it. They never sent pin# so we never got to use the card. We reported them to the BBB but never got our $150.00 dollars back and no help from BBB. Please everyoe stay away from these people. Worst scam artist I have ever seen.

• Lu
      17th of Feb, 2009

Ha! I paid off my $731.00 baance in full within the promotion time specified--January, 2009. My account showed a zero balance-----but wait------out of the blue, I get an email alert telling me to check my on line statement the first week of February------and there is an $8.98 balance due!!! After several emails to these incompetent people, all they kept saying is oh, yes, its your "trailing interest". Never heard of such a thing.
    I forwarded them a copy of an email I received verifying the promotion ended February 1, 2009. They replied with an email thanking me for my inquiry about interest rates!!! Yes, they are scamming people, and if I don't pay that bogus charge my credit will be affected. And dealing with their so called customer service over the phone is a nightmare----I don't think they really understand English and I had to keep askiing for their reps to repeat their inane replies to my questions. I still don't know what that charge is for---just plain stealing from people.
    So, do I agree with your complaint??? YES, YES, YES. WHY CAN'T WE DO A CLASS ACTION THING AND STOP THEIR SLEAZY METHODS FOR SCAMMING THEIR CARDHOLDERS?

• Kk
      24th of Feb, 2009

I too feel scammed by Orchard. I have had their card for nearly 2 years with a perfect payment history until very recently when i lost my job. I made arrangements over the phone with one of their reps when i was close to missing my second payment, and was assured that if i did a 'pay by phone' with a certain date, they would reverse some fees, and keep my account in good standing. well, today i logged on to the site to check my statement, and discovered my account was closed. i never receceived notification of the closure. i discovered today that the account was closed 1 week after i made the phone arrangement. My account was only behind, technically, one payment. i have since paid them in full and in excess. i feel as though the promises made to me were outright lies; i will now have this account closure on my credit; and i really don't want to pay them another dime. in this time of economical hardships, you would think a credit card company would perform more due diligence and look at a persons history before making these types of decisions. many of us our facing employment problems which cause our financial priorities to change. but when people are able to make good on their debt and to recover, then credit card companies should be sympathetic to that, look at that persons payment history, and allow them to continue to be customers. i am very upset and angry with being treated like this. i struggled and scraped to make those payment when i could least afford it, and now i feel like i just threw that money away. i wish i knew where i could get more satisfaction from these people. all the reps i talked to just said, 'i'm sorry you feel that way, there's nothing i can do.' ###.

• Ln
      22nd of Nov, 2009

I just paid off my account in the amount of $237 and they decided they would put a pending charge for $236 on the account for a "payment hold". When I contacted them they said it will drop off in 14 days!!! How is this allowed. They have the payment...it cleared my bank electronically through them and they still have a pending hold so my available credit is like $50. So much for having an emergency card!!

• Ug
      28th of Mar, 2010

My credit report shows that I owe this company like $800, but I've never had a card with them! I disputed it on my credit through Experian, but it is still there. If anyone knows how to get it removed please post a comment...thank you.

22nd of Apr, 2010

BAD STAY AWAY! STAY AWAY!! I made a payment for almost the entire account balance amount...they put it on hold for over 14 days.. WTF is that? what kind of card is this? these people are so bad..OMG.. I called my bank to verify the payment to them, , they said it was and gave me a letter to prove it...and even after this..they would not release the payment... something is up.. these folks must be breaking the law...they are very fraudlent folks.. you cant rebuild credit this way..scammers for the annual fee..is all they are..

15th of Feb, 2011

I do not owe this debt, and they are trying to threaten me into paying it.

• De
      25th of Oct, 2012

This really is a a bad Credit Card Company. They charge a hefty annual fee as well as tacking on late fees. You will spend more than it is worth, and in the end your credit will come out looking way worse than when you started.

• Je
      16th of Aug, 2018
    Capital One Financial Corporation - credit card restricted for 100 days not resolved
    White City

Arizona

My actual car loan amount was $22, 618
    I made 10 montly payments already of $430
    ($430×10= $4, 300)

My balance statement should shown a
    $18, 318 ..after 10 payments

But..when i check the balance capital one says...$20, 776

...So my question is where the $2, 457 went???

• Ky
      21st of Oct, 2018
    Capital One 360 - Holding my funds
    Los Angeles
    California
    Capitalone360.com

Capital one refusing to release my funds to me with no reason at all. I was able to transfer funds to my account but is not able to collect the funds. My account is still open they refuse to close it and are allowing my account to collect interest. But will not release the funds to me.

• Mi
      21st of Oct, 2018
    Capital One Financial - My Account, I'm on disability

This bank know a I was waiting on a bone marrow, they have taken over 13000 dollars in overdraft fees, in 2 years, from social security.

• Hm
      31st of Oct, 2018
    Capital One Financial Corporation - Offensive commercial

I am offended by your - you and me commercial shoving the LGBT culture down my throat. I don't want to see it on commercials. People can live how they want but don't force me to see it! I have been a customer for many years. I will no longer be a customer. Maybe someone in the lgbt community will take my place!

• Co
      31st of Oct, 2018
    Capital One Financial Corporation - Credit card

I have been with caital one for 8 years with on time payments no increase or new cl when i get a new cl approval i will cancell

• Bl
      1st of Nov, 2018
    Capital One Financial Corporation - Fees
    Glendale
    Arizona

Hello,

I am trying to get caught up with my account and capital one refuses to waive my fees. They have already restricted my account however they keep charging me fees. I am wanting to make a payment and bring my account current but capital one refuses to waive my $70 in fees.
    My card # 4003448326373800