Orbitz.com / no tickets, no help, no satisfaction

I purchased airfare on orbitz.com in April 2008 for travel the first week of June. When I got to the end of the online transaction I was told that my only option was paper tickets that they had to be mailed to me. The least expensive way to receive the tickets was first class mail for $23.95. I chose that option--curious as to why it should cost that much for a first class stamp. In any case, when my tickets hadn't arrived two weeks later I called Orbitz. After being put on hold for about 20 minutes I was told wait an additional 10 days for my tickets to arrive. After 8 days--10 days would have been a Sunday--I called Orbitz again. This time I was on the phone for an hour. After speaking to an agent and then that agent's supervisor I was told that since it was US mail there was no tracking and so my only option was to contact US Airways in person and file a lost claim. I was told by the Orbitz supervisor that the $100 would be refunded to me when the original tickets were found or after completion of travel. The Orbitz supervisor even referred to the $100 as a "deposit". I went to my local airport the next day, paid the $100, got travel vouchers for my flight and a receipt for the $100 claim. I called US Airways to find out how I went about having my $100 refunded--at which point I was informed that the $100 claim fee was nonrefundable and that it should have been the responsibility of Orbitz to get my tickets to me. Essentially the tickets weren't lost they were just never received. Now I've paid the fee and have little recourse. I feel that I was swindled by Orbitz.

Di

Comments

• Oh
      3rd of Oct, 2008

You cheaped out by having paper tickets sent thru US Mail?