Orbitz — Flight ticket mess-up
I just had a harrowing and frustrating experience with Orbitz. I booked a Christmas flight on Qatar Airways through Orbitz about eight months ago. They sent me a paper ticket. Then, I received an email from Orbitz saying there had been a change to my itinerary. When I called Orbitz to ask what I should do, they asked me to send the paper ticket back to them. When I asked repeatedly what else I should do, they said "Nothing; we'll take it from here." I subsequently received an electronic form from Orbitz with the new itinerary, which I assumed was my electronic ticket. However, when we went to the airport to check in, the airline said that the record says I was issued a paper ticket, and therefore they could not board us without the paper ticket. Calls to Orbitz from the airport (which took hours) were of no avail. After admitting they misled me, Orbitz now claims that they told me to call back after mailing the paper ticket. In the end, I have had to pay an additional 80 percent of the ticket's cost to get on a flight two days later. I spent countless hours on the phone with Orbitz. The staff were singularly incompetent (they contradicted themselves repeatedly).
I would like to know if others have had similar experiences, and what recourse we might have.
More Orbitz Complaints & Reviews
- Orbitz - Horrifying service, dishonesty, scams 
- Orbitz - Price Assurance scam 
- Orbitz - Orbitz access America insurance scam 
- Orbitz - annoying promo Emails 
- Orbitz - Credit card charged, no hotel room booked! 
- Orbitz - car rental 
- Orbitz - orbitz was prepaid and when I arrived at the hilton my prepaid room w/ upgrade was not available
- Orbitz - flight change - orbitz itinerary number:7362683081906
- Orbitz - changing my flight
- Orbitz.com - Scam