[Resolved] Opodo / unable to contact them

United Kingdom Review updated:
I booked a number of flights starting in Japan, through Beijing and arriving in Bangkok for early August this year. I received a confirmation email, but then received a notification that one of my flight times had changed and to call them. Unfortunately I am not currently in the UK, I am living in Japan and could not use the telephone number I was given. I sent an email to let them know that the change was not a problem, but they said that if I didn't call them my flights could be cancelled.

Over the course of the next couple of months, I have attempted to contact Opodo through email, through the international number (which does not connect) and through the 0333 number I have been given multiple times (it goes through to a Japanese home number), and I'm out of options. I was then told yesterday that another of my flights has been cancelled, and I'm now on another flight which would leave me in a very difficult position of having 25 minutes to transfer. I have emailed them to ask if they can contact me on my telephone number, or discuss this through email, but I just keep receiving the same message over and over with the number I cannot use.

I am hoping someone from Opodo sees this as they are clearly not reading my emails.

Resolution statement

Opodo Customer Care's Response, Jul 03, 2015
Dear SLButler,

We are very sorry if the schedule of your flights changed so drastically. We would be happy to assist you in a priority turn. Please supply your booking reference replying a private message we have sent you.

Kind regards.

Opodo - Customer Care team.
Jun 16, 2015

N  29th of Jun, 2015 by
Commenting to add that since this complaint, I have had several more unhelpful emails, and have been told that the flight I would definitely miss has now been changed. This would be helpful except for the fact that it has been moved to around 6pm on August 7th, which is two hours before my flight sets off to get there. Unless I have a time machine I cannot make a 6pm flight when I don't arrive at that airport until after midnight.

Still no help with emails, and no other options to contact them given.

Opodo Logo Opodo