OpenTable / Phantom reservation
I made a dinner reservation on OpenTable at the Empire Rooftop, Empire Hotel, New York City, for 6 PM on January 28, 2017. We got an immediate confirmation of the reservation, and the next day got a reminder of the reservation. (The emails, both sent to me at firstname.lastname@example.org, were received 1/26/17 at 11:12 AM (EST), and 1/27/17 at 6:09 PM. I cannot seem to attach them.) When my wife and I arrived for dinner, there was a large sign saying that the entire restaurant was closed for a private party. We confirmed that with someone from the hotel. This was a birthday dinner for my wife, after which we had tickets for the opera. Instead of dining in leisure, we tromped around Broadway in the cold looking for a restaurant that could take us. We were turned away at several completely booked spots before having to settle at a dump of a place, just so we wouldn't starve during the opera. I'm extremely upset at a ruined birthday event. I would like some recompense.
More OpenTable Complaints & Reviews
- Opentable.com - I won't use a company like this ever again 
- OpenTable - used opentable successfully for years but what about our awards?!
- OpenTable - Terrible experience!
- www.opentable.com - Impossible to change the reservation through the website
- www.opentable.com - It was impossible to change the reservation
- OpenTable - headache
- OpenTable - extremely bad attention on entering the restaurant
- Opentable.com - They charged me two times!!