Olympic Air Solutions Filter Queen / Filter queen

1 Appleton WI, United States Review updated:

On December 17, I replied to a postcard received from Olympic Air Solutions to inquire of a prize I won. Prizes included a kitchen serving set, tickets to a Green Bay Packers game, a digital camera, Apple iPod Touch and a top prize of $10, 000. I was informed that I won, but my card must be verified by an agent of the company. As part of the verification process, I was asked to view a FilterQueen Indoor Air Quality System. The representative on the phone stated the demonstration was brief. Fair enough. I weighed out the chance to win $10, 000 with maybe a half hour of my time. An appointment was set up for an afternoon visit.

Shortly before the scheduled visit, I received a phone call from a sales manager informing me the sales person was running late and if I would be o.k. postponing my appointment by one hour. One hour turned into two and a half hours. After waiting patiently for two and a half hours past the scheduled visit, the sales person appears. After verification of prize card, I was presented with an 18 piece BBQ set and asked to participate in a product demonstration.

The demonstration included the Defender and the Majestic. Both products were of good quality and the salesperson did a fine job with the demonstration. After a one hour and forty five minute presentation, I was ask to answer a few questions regarding the demonstration and the products. I made it very clear I was not interested in making a purchase. It did not matter how much the products cost, I was not in the market to purchase an air purifier or a vacuum cleaner. However, the salesperson was here to do his job, so I patiently listened as the price of the combo was presented.

The Defender was listed at $998. The Majestic was $2, 998. After quickly stating “NO”, the salesperson called his manager. There was a back and forth conversation between the sales manager and the salesperson. The sales manager would dictate to the salesperson a series of demeaning questions such as “so you admit your current vacuum does not do the job the Majestic does. You prefer to live in dirt?”

After indicating if I had to choose between the Defender and the Majestic, I indicated I would choose the Majestic but stressed again I was not interested in either product. The price dropped from $2, 998 to $2, 600 to $2, 200 to to $1, 500. During the entire negotiation process, I could hear the demeaning conversation taking place between the sales manager and the salesperson in order to hook me as a customer. After refusing to pay $1, 500, I heard the sales manager order the salesperson to offer a price of $1, 200 and perform fellatio on me (actual words spoken were more vulgar and offensive). Of course the salesperson, acting as a true professional, did not relay the entire message to me and was unaware that I was hearing both sides of this abrasive conversation. After rejecting the offer to pay $1, 200, a final offer of $999 was made. I quickly rejected the price of $999 and the presentation finally ended.

I am posting the report to alert other people in the community who have received a similar offer to call to check on a prize. Unfortunately, you may not see my report until it is too late. If this is the case, please share your story.

• Updated by Up North1, Jan 18, 2017

Hi Carey,
    Thanks for your response. I did contact the BBB and they quickly dismissed my report since I did not suffer any financial damage. It seems BBB does not really have consumer's interests at heart.

Up
Dec 20, 2016

Comments

• Am
      5th of Jan, 2017

Yep, they never ended up showing up at our house and I'm so glad after seeing this. What scam artists. I wish my husband hadn't given out our address to these creeps.

• Ca
      12th of Jan, 2017

Everyone wins their "drawings", it's just a way of getting a salesperson in your home. The product, while excellent, is so grossly overpriced because there are many layers of commission built into the price. In other words, there are multiple people earning commissions from the sale. I don't know about the next person, but I am not interested in paying out a bunch of money in commissions when I purchase a vacuum. The manager's fellatio comment was absolutely disgusting and I would file a complaint with the BBB so that anyone checking this company out can read about it. I'd also post about it on other consumer complaint sites, google reviews, etc.