Old Navy / refund

United States Review updated:
3.75
Phone: 1 800 Old Navy

We purchased a gift card for $15. The card went not go thru, they swiped it three times. I check my account, for a $15 gift card, we were charged $45, nice deal for Old Navy. We went back to the store, it took them 45 minutes to research it and then they said they fixed it. I checked ;not fixed, we still have been overcharged. We went back to the store, spoke to the same lady. She could not take the time to assist us, she was way to busy. Call 1800 Old Navy.
So...called 1800 Old Navy, (it has been a week), got the run around. They have to research it, have to wait for the bank because it still could be pending. Now, it already shows my account has been charged.
Ask to speak to a supervisor, get the same deal. But he will call my bank (of course the bank won't speak to them without our aprroval). He calls, well he called ...big surprise...on Veterans Day! Bank closed, so sorry he has to send it on to revenue who has to research it again and that could take another 10 days. By this time, since original transaction, it has been over 10 days, we are working on two weeks!
I called them tonight, well revenue researched it and there is over charge on the account. I said I have the paperwork..well they have everything and there is no charge. He will contact them tomorrow...so I have to call back tomorrow to hear them tell me, sorry charlie, you are a sucker and we are keeping your money.

It is so frustrating, to be telling the truth and obtain no satisfaction. I just want what they overcharged us!

Comments

Ji
  12th of Nov, 2008
an authorization on your DEBIT card takes like a week to expire. authorizations *never* remove money from your account, they only hold money until they expire, which is the same moment that the real charge goes through. were you ripped off? no. were you inconvenienced? yes - because you used a debit card, your authorizations are alive for like five business days.
Ta
  25th of Oct, 2010
Wow, these people talk like bad customer service is "not an inconvenience!" You are loosing customers by the mile when you ignore their request and allowing your policies to be the focus of what you call "good customer service" or "back up policies" What you are doing to people are not right! It just bad business! Even if it was a hold on his account it's still $30.00 that you are gaining interest on that is being "held." Stop trying to justify what you do is right because it's wrong!
Sm
  2nd of Dec, 2010
I made a purchase and returned the item the very next morning back on Nov 2. 2010 and it's now December 2, 2010 and I still have yet to receive the credit back into my account and the corporate office gives you the run around. I will NEVER purchase ANOTHER ITEM from this chain.
Fo
  19th of Mar, 2011
Jim you are indeed correct in regards to the authorizations. They are a pending charge and will drop off in 3-5 business days depending on the bank that the card is issued through. Now although the pending charge wont remove the funds, it would though set them aside as a hold. @taliagirl there is no interest gaining on that amount because old navy does not have those funds. @smhomer Same thing it takes 3-5 business days for the credit to show up on your card. If you are not seeing it posted on your account, feel free to contact customer service and they would partner with your bank to see what the issue is.

In regards to the original issue. I'm very sorry that you had that experience in the store. Unfortunately in today's technological world, issues like this could arise. 1800 Old Navy is definitely the folks that should have gotten that issue resolved. Hopefully you got your funds back.

Old Navy Logo Old Navy