Office Depot / deceptive promises

United States Review updated:
1.65
I ordered a Tom Tom 910 GPS Navigator from Office Depot's online website solely because of the fact that I am enrolled in the Teacher's Reward program, and I had received a $61 gift card from them.

The site claimed next business day delivery.

The order confirmation email I received mentioned 3 day delivery. After a week, I called up and asked and they said the company has not delivered it yet, and it would take another week for it to arrive. Plus they said if you cancel you will not get your "coupon" back.

Honestly, the first thing that came to my mind was to never shop at Office Depot again, and relinquish the Teacher's Reward card.

I ordered it mainly because I had a trip coming up in 3 days, and I trusted that Office Depot would fulfill their next business day delivery promise.

At least they could have sent another email mentioning that it will take two weeks instead of one day for it to arrive. The lady I spoke with mentioned they no longer have that department.
Va

Comments

Ia
  5th of Feb, 2010
Office depot ink cartridge recycling program allowed customers to recycle 25 cartridges each day. For each cartridge, I was issued a $3 coupon good toward my next purchase. I was allowed under Office Depot's policy to use only three coupons a day. That means, if you do the math, that for every day I brought cartridges for recycling, it would take me 8 days to spend all my coupons . There is no expiration date on the coupons. Now about a year ago, they quit issuing coupons. and began giving "reward" credit. Still they accepted 3 coupons a day. Starting on Sunday, January 31, 1910, they will no longer accept the $3 coupons they gave me for my cartridges. They took my cartridges, (worth 3$ each to them) and now will not honor the voucher they issued . Remember now, I received eight times more vouchers than I could use each day. On each coupon is a statement that says that I cannot transfer my coupon to anyone else. This means that Office Depot has taken seven eighths of my cartridges without paying for them. If I walked into Office Depot, payed for one camera and walked out with eight, I would be arrested for theft.

Office Depot Logo Office Depot