Ocwen Mortgage / refuse to work with us

United States Review updated:
Our home is with Ocwen Mortgage. We are having financial difficulties at this time. We are going on 90 days past due with them. Previous to this, we have faxed, e-mailed and mailed "financial difficulty" packet and everytime I have called to find out if they have received it, they advise that they have not. We have called "hope now" (hope alliance) they have e-mailed information to get the process going for help and everytime I call the same story. They have not received it. One time the man I was talking to said he didn't know who "hope alliance", but could refer me to hope now. I told him that was the same thing. He advised me I should really consider renting my home out to someone. Everytime I call them I have to re-explain everything to them. Today I am calling to make a pmt., which yes it is late and they advised me that they cannot take my pmt. that foreclosure starts tomorrow and they cannot accept my pmt. I told him "it's not tomorrow" I need to make my pmt. He advised me he cannot accept it. He told me I could western union it, but it still does not guarantee that it will stop foreclosure. If you are with Ocwen and experiencing the same problems, or if you are dealing with them and have had a resolution, please e-mail me. I cannot believe this is happening. Now they are saying they cannot help me because their system is down call back in one hour.
Ma

Comments

De
  11th of Nov, 2008
I have a mortgage held by Ocwen. This is the most ridiculous company i've ever dealt with. I had to do what was called a loan modification due to being a couple months behind on mortgage. I've ended up sending several months worth of payments at one time, basically keeping my bank account empty most of the time sending them every penny i have for over a year and somehow, according to them, my payments have increased by $300 a month and i am still 6 months behind on my payments, which is absolutely not correct. if anything, I should be 6 months ahead. I have tried to refinace through an FHA loan, but since Ocwen shows me in forclosure and late on my payments, no one will touch it. I've heard from several mortgage lenders that my only option is an attorney. any class actions or free attorneys out there?
Ey
  24th of May, 2009
Ocwen would not work with me either. Tried to do a loan modification and they wanted $11, 600 up front and then they would decide if they would do a loan modification. If I had that kind of money, I would not be asking for a loan modification. Then I put my home up for sale and had 4 short sale offers with one being cash. Ocwen refused to look at any of them. One person claim they didn't receive the offers and another person said they did. However on the first person, they did have part of the original package so in fact they had received the information. My original loan was not with Ocwen, they bought my mortgage. Everytime I called, my call was directed to India...They company should NOT be in business!!! So I lost my property because of their unwilling to work with me on a reasonable level.
Ta
  16th of Feb, 2011
I agree this is the worst company I have ever had to deal with. My loan was transfer to them in 2001 and I have been miserable since day one. They have you fill out the loan modification papers over and over again to no prevail. I tried to call the person who handles the loan modification to only get a recording stating he will return my call. I am still waiting and that's been over a year ago. They said they did an apprasial on my property and past the charges to me, so now I owe them an additional $385.00. I called and told them I don't think the cost should be pass to me for something they want done. I asked them are they trying to foresclose on me. The rep. told me no. If this is so why are you doing a apprasial. I am not 60 days behind and they are asking me to send in X amount of money to money gram, which includes the 2 payments and the apprasial cost. If I don't send in the whole amt they are going to start forescloser. Something needs to be done with this company, if only I could re finance...

Taken in KC
Ca
  19th of Nov, 2011
my loan was transferred to ocwen in August, however, I was not notified by my previous company, when I went to make a payment they told me it was transferred. I called ocwen and I told them I just got out of foreclosure with the other company and was on a payment plan, they told me that they don't honor the prior companies records. Through yelling and telling them a few choice words, they told me that I had to do their modification, I wrote to them, telling them if you brought the prior loan you must honor the prior agreements. They are fighting back and forth in the mean time, I tried their loan modification and I still sent in the payment that was on the prior loan, I received the letter on a Monday, telling me they will honor the prior companies documents, then two days latter, they told me I was heading into a possible foreclosure. I called several times and one does not know what the next department is doing, I am so done with these people. If there is a class action suit out there, please let me know. Carrie Hicks,
Oc
  7th of Dec, 2011
Hi Carrie:
Modification docs/agreement usually aren't transfered to a servicer to the next one, so each time this happens you have to start the process all over again.
Ocwen's biggest problem is efficiently communicating with customers. Should you have any further inquiry about how to fight/deal with Ocwen, please don't hesitate to contact me to urostar@adinet.com.uy.
I was a Supervisor with Ocwen some time ago. Believe me, I know them a lot!

Ocwen Financial Corporation Logo Ocwen Financial Corporation