Ocwen Finance / terrible everything
We had our mortgage sold to Ocwen by another company and as soon as Ocwen took over we had problems with proof of insurance and property taxes, after a few months the interest rates started going up every 6 months like clockwork by on whole percentage point every 6 months; till we ended up at 10.25% interest.
We contacted Ocwen about this because our credit rating was fairly good and there was no reason to raise our rate other than greed, we were told at the time that they had the right to raise the rate all the way to 13%; at that time I asked if I should be contacting my congressman about this and was told there was nothing illegal being done, however 2 weeks later we got a letter that the rate was being dropped by 1 percent, down to 9.25%.
We made all of our payments on time, and when the company I work for went on strike I tried to get Ocwen to defer the mortgage to help us out, and was told they do not do that; that they were a debt collection agency and not a mortgage company.
They then gave me the run around when the payment was not made, telling me they were willing to help, but every route we went ended up in a dead end or Ocwen stating that they had not received the financial information that we sent to them.
We are now 6 months late on our mortgage, and now I am going back to work with a rather large payment of over $3000.00 due.
More Ocwen Finance Complaints & Reviews
- Ocwen - president & ceo phone number 
- Ocwen Loan Servicing - scam and fraud! 
- Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC - mortgage rip off 
- Ocwen Loan Servicing - getting ripped off 
- Ocwen Loan Servicing - loan modification 
- Ocwen Loan Servicing - mortgage
- Ocwen Financial Corporation - misapplied funds
- Ocwen Financial Corporation - customer service
- Ocwen Financial Corporation - mortgage loan
- Ocwen Financial Corporation - securities fraud 2012-2016