Ocwen / stay away!

I seem to be having the same problem everyone else is here. I have two payments sent to there so called PO box that they haven't posted to my account as of yet and it is going on 2 months now, when I try to contact these foreigners I can not get a answer to what is going on so they report me as late. I have even e-mailed them and they assure me there online statement is correct which is a lie. The other day I was on hold over an hour and still didn't get to talk to someone. I have had nothing but trouble from the people and really getting sick of it.

Ne

Comments

22nd of Feb, 2009

My daughter is deaf so I handle the mess with Ocwen for her as relay would never put up with their unintelligible language. They are second mortg with 11 plus interest rate

Her first mortgage Indy Mac did a modification after she lost second job and finances changed BUT all Ocwen does is harrass and promise They say they haven't received financials then makes mistake and tell me something they would only know if received then oops sorry I do see where we received. But according to their calculations she should be able pay extra $200 monthly Her expenses are higher than income so don't know what program they have in their system.

They call several times weekly asking same info Nothing ever happens except they add more fees and something they call drive by inspections fees to be sure property not vacant! Where would she go single with 2 kids...paymt over $1300 mortgage monthly.

• Ne
      6th of Dec, 2010

My experience with Ocwen is similar. Voicemail hell and the right hand not having a clue what the left is doing. I would consult a realtor you can trust. They will have the ability to verify what the status of your account is with the courts. I got plenty of scary bogus letters and varified via same plus other resources that most of it was not: Find the best applicable lawyer near you for INITIAL FREE counsel regarding your rights (hamp loan, bancruptcy etc). Trust me, it will AMAZE you what you will learn. MAY WANT TO REFER TO THIS SITE AND ALSO DISCUSS PROBABILITY OF A CLASS ACTION SUIT. COUNT ME IN IF THAT IS THE CASE! NEOBLUEYES@GMAIL.COM
    It took me a year of due diligence via phone, repeat applications, a journal documenting all of my efforts, and emails to get my HAMP agreement after I was refused once and sent an in-house bad deal which I refused. My orignal loan was sold 3x in 6 months! I talked to an ombudsman along with several different alleged Ocwen departments, 2 lawyers, and several realtors to aquire info regarding MY rights. I finally got my agreement, it is noted as rec'd (certified and on web) but all other info is skewed. So far...so good. DO NOT LET THEM SCARE YOU. Defend yourself in all ways imaginable! Best Wishes, Britt

• Kt
      1st of Nov, 2011

I was in a 5 yr ch 13 bankrupcy and OCWEN was one of the debtors. OCWEN stated I owed them 18, 000.00 in forbeareance. at the end of my 5 yr bankrupcy, less than 10 days after the discharge, OCWEN stated i was7000.000 behind. My attorney has filed a lawsuit on my behalf. I also contacted my state representative. I refuse to allow this company to steal another penny from me.

• Oc
      7th of Dec, 2011

Lawyers are usually of no use in dealing with Ocwen. You need a mortgage specialist, instead, to browse all the statements/documents Ocwen must have surelly sent you and get to the thruth.
    Ocwen's biggest problem is efficiently communicating with customers. Should you have any further inquiry about how to fight/deal with Ocwen, please don't hesitate to contact me to urostar@adinet.com.uy.
    I was a Supervisor with Ocwen some time ago. Believe me, I know them a lot!